Jump to content

Electric Warm Showers v Standard Cold Showers


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, RBM said:

Have not checked how ever I am sure your able buy at Lazada or shoppe.

I just checked on lazada - they only have the more expensive Stiebel Eltron units - 12,000php or so.  Cheaper units come in around 6,000 php upwards.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally if I checked out any hotel, cottage and no hot shower I am out of there.

Just posted to sort out the men from the boys.    Don't worry. there won't be any 'guests' booking in anywhere for a long time yet.  Keep your money in your pocket. 

Nothing to stop you running the cables for an electric shower and just leaving a banking plate hiding them. Fit one with all that's needed for a hot shower and see if it books out more if advertised w

11 hours ago, hk blues said:

I just checked on lazada - they only have the more expensive Stiebel Eltron units - 12,000php or so.  Cheaper units come in around 6,000 php upwards.

I don't remember what I paid last week (there are a lot of things I don't remember now...) for three Stiebel Eltrons at Citi Hardware... but it was nowhere near 12,000. I think it was closer to 7,500 or so per unit? Two units were fairly high capacity and one was very low. Soon, I will be able to test them in use and report how they work...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, hk blues said:

I just checked on lazada - they only have the more expensive Stiebel Eltron units - 12,000php or so.  Cheaper units come in around 6,000 php upwards.

Good to know HK.....from memory we paid around P6k, its never missed a beat,

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I don't remember what I paid last week (there are a lot of things I don't remember now...) for three Stiebel Eltrons at Citi Hardware... but it was nowhere near 12,000. I think it was closer to 7,500 or so per unit? Two units were fairly high capacity and one was very low. Soon, I will be able to test them in use and report how they work...

 

2 hours ago, RBM said:

Good to know HK.....from memory we paid around P6k, its never missed a beat,

Same with me guys, I bought the 2nd lowest priced unit at just under 7,000php.  To be fair to Lazada, Ace did have units at the 12,000php price point as well - I suspect Lazada are only selling the higher priced units.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, hk blues said:

I just checked on lazada - they only have the more expensive Stiebel Eltron units - 12,000php or so.  Cheaper units come in around 6,000 php upwards.

Thanks HK, I did look at Lazada and Shopee but I don’t really trust the delivery and some don’t give you the warranty!
If I buy from my local store they give me the 1 year warranty and if anything goes wrong they will be straight out to fix. Whereas if you order online it’s harder to fix, sending parts back, time consuming and some don’t have the warranty.
Also had friends order from both sites and it has taken over a month for delivery to this island. 
But thanks for your help. 
I think I’m going to buy the 3 Panasonic Electric Showers from UNI Homes here in Bantayan. If the water pressure is not sufficient then I will buy a decent water pressure booster pump and if needed a compressor!

Thank you everyone for your advice and replies.

Much appreciated, have a great day! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darren_UK said:

Thanks HK, I did look at Lazada and Shopee but I don’t really trust the delivery and some don’t give you the warranty!
If I buy from my local store they give me the 1 year warranty and if anything goes wrong they will be straight out to fix. Whereas if you order online it’s harder to fix, sending parts back, time consuming and some don’t have the warranty.
Also had friends order from both sites and it has taken over a month for delivery to this island. 
But thanks for your help. 
I think I’m going to buy the 3 Panasonic Electric Showers from UNI Homes here in Bantayan. If the water pressure is not sufficient then I will buy a decent water pressure booster pump and if needed a compressor!

Thank you everyone for your advice and replies.

Much appreciated, have a great day! 

My pleasure Darren.

Lazada provides a good service for things you cannot get hold of elsewhere - I wouldn't order anything I could get in a store nearby.  The delivery is slow, agreed.  And the warranty, as you say, may be problematic.

I think you're going down the right path - try the units first and see how it goes, the problems may be intermittent dependant on how variable your pressure is.  Regardless, I'd say having a hot shower option is desirable.

Good Luck!

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hk blues said:

My pleasure Darren.

Lazada provides a good service for things you cannot get hold of elsewhere - I wouldn't order anything I could get in a store nearby.  The delivery is slow, agreed.  And the warranty, as you say, may be problematic.

I think you're going down the right path - try the units first and see how it goes, the problems may be intermittent dependant on how variable your pressure is.  Regardless, I'd say having a hot shower option is desirable.

Good Luck!

 

Ok so you think I should just fit the 3 Electric shower Units first to see how they work and check the pressure. 
Then if the water pressure is not great add a water booster jet pump? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darren_UK said:

Ok so you think I should just fit the 3 Electric shower Units first to see how they work and check the pressure. 
Then if the water pressure is not great add a water booster jet pump? 

Yes...exactly Darren.  No point buying something you don't need, or at least not often.  It may be that not all of the units work well together but how often will all 3 be used at the exact same time anyway?  Again, just be aware that water pressure may vary so you'll need to evaluate the situation over a period of time.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yes...exactly Darren.  No point buying something you don't need, or at least not often.  It may be that not all of the units work well together but how often will all 3 be used at the exact same time anyway?  Again, just be aware that water pressure may vary so you'll need to evaluate the situation over a period of time.  

Ok thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

Have a great weekend! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you put a pressure tank and pump with about 3/4 hp you will have no problem with pressure ans supply to the heaters. If you have paying guests it is best to keep them happy. :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...