Electric Warm Showers v Standard Cold Showers

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Hot water in the Philippines... Get some black hose and run it in circles on the roof... unless you are charging USD$ rates people shouldn't expect more... they do it in Hawaii everywhere.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 9/22/2020 at 6:12 PM, Darren_UK said:

Thanks everyone for your replies.

The problem we have on the island is the lack of choice. We only have 2 small stores on the island selling a limited selection of heaters & showers so I don’t really have the option to buy the Stiebel Eltron. The only decent electric showers are Panasonic. 

Cebu City is the nearest city where you can buy most things but it’s 1 Hour ferry plus 4 hour bus each way and then we need all sorts of Passes & Certificates, then 14 days quarantine when we get back so not really an option.

Maybe I go for the Electric Showers with booster Jet pumps built in, then hopefully the Water pressure will be ok! 
Thanks for your advice! 

You should ask members on here who live in Cebu city if they would get you some and send via courier.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Joey G said:

Hot water in the Philippines... Get some black hose and run it in circles on the roof... unless you are charging USD$ rates people shouldn't expect more... they do it in Hawaii everywhere.

The water would have to be heated to something like 55c  to kill any harmful bacteria so that would be too hot for a shower,then he would have to buy a mixer shower and have hot and cold feed.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

The water would have to be heated to something like 55c  to kill any harmful bacteria so that would be too hot for a shower,then he would have to buy a mixer shower and have hot and cold feed.

We just finished having mixers installed at all but the roof terrace CR and dirty kitchen. I am hoping some day to install solar water heating, but will be happy to have the instant heaters for now.

• Like 2

Willie
Posted
Posted

We have a 2 story house in Jasaan that we visit 2 months a year, our Philippine family also lives there. We have a bedroom on the second floor with a water heater for the shower. Because of the public water supply, we only have pressure to the second floor at night.

I suppose we are talking about the same thing, but the pump we are looking for pulls the water from the supply faster than they provide it and gives us continuous pressure to the second floor. Just saying.

Otherwise, I agree with posters saying the rental cabins must have hot water to the shower and an American flush toilet with toilet paper. We are considering building cabins too.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Willie said:

We have a 2 story house in Jasaan that we visit 2 months a year, our Philippine family also lives there. We have a bedroom on the second floor with a water heater for the shower. Because of the public water supply, we only have pressure to the second floor at night.

I suppose we are talking about the same thing, but the pump we are looking for pulls the water from the supply faster than they provide it and gives us continuous pressure to the second floor. Just saying.

Otherwise, I agree with posters saying the rental cabins must have hot water to the shower and an American flush toilet with toilet paper. We are considering building cabins too.

Welcome back Willie thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 9/26/2020 at 5:01 AM, Joey G said:

I suppose it depends what you define USD$ rates as but If I'm paying more than 2,000 php a night give or take I'm expecting a hot shower.  

• Like 5