Car Batteries - Part Deux

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I do miss the USA a bit where you could buy a car battery with up to an 84 month warranty.  Expensive but definitely worth the money. :thumbsup:

I remember Sears 5 year warranty batteries. They seemed to last forever if you treated them even half-way properly.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Not sure if this is a result of my comments to the service guy at Arshi (the repair outfit). But I asked the status of my car yesterday afternoon... He told me the car was being washed! Hahahaha... 

I waited a while and then they drove the car to me when done. I asked them before to deliver the car to me and I would also deliver it to them for service stating that I really did not want to take a taxi or tricycle to their shop due to age and virus concerns. It is only a short distance away, but farther than I would like to walk.

So, finally, I got my car back, clean and nice and I was able to just drive with the guy from the shop to return him there. This is service I am accustomed to in USA. They seem to be accepting my suggestions. I hope they do this for all their customers, because I think they will spoil them all and maybe they will stick with them better? Anyway, I am delighted!

Edit:... Sorry again mods for, as always, changing the direction of the topic. But it did seem salient here...

Lets hope it stays long term Tommy....Some how..........

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Mike J said:

I do miss the USA a bit where you could buy a car battery with up to an 84 month warranty.  Expensive but definitely worth the money. :thumbsup:

And the battery would last for more than 120 months saving on 5 or 6 replacements so worth it in the big picture.

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jpbago said:

And the battery would last for more than 120 months saving on 5 or 6 replacements so worth it in the big picture.

car batteries over here are tropical, normal batteries from the western world would not last long over here.

• 4 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

DieHard, available at Advance Auto Parts!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 9/25/2020 at 6:36 PM, Tommy T. said:

I remember Sears 5 year warranty batteries. They seemed to last forever if you treated them even half-way properly.

Off topic -- Too bad that Sears lost control of its administration years ago to some wealthy idiot who has driven its products and brand down to nothing when for most of its life it had a reputation of quality products at a fair price.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, earthdome said:

Off topic -- Too bad that Sears lost control of its administration years ago to some wealthy idiot who has driven its products and brand down to nothing when for most of its life it had a reputation of quality products at a fair price.

Staying off topic...

I still have and use the Craftsman tool set my parents gave me back in 1968. I think the only better ones are Snap-on, but they are also much more expensive. I wonder if Craftsman tools are still warrantied for life (mine, that is)?

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Staying off topic...

I still have and use the Craftsman tool set my parents gave me back in 1968. I think the only better ones are Snap-on, but they are also much more expensive. I wonder if Craftsman tools are still warrantied for life (mine, that is)?

Ask Lowe's, Sears sold Craftsman to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 9/26/2020 at 7:27 PM, jimeve said:

car batteries over here are tropical, normal batteries from the western world would not last long over here.

Actually Jim years ago my brother sent over a battery from NZ for his motor cycle together with items in a BB box. It was a Yuasa and lasted very well. Not sure is a car battery would though.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Actually Jim years ago my brother sent over a battery from NZ for his motor cycle together with items in a BB box. It was a Yuasa and lasted very well. Not sure is a car battery would though.

It would melt.