Manila Bay Beach

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 9/24/2020 at 1:40 AM, carbpow said:

imagine more people could have been employed to upgrade the waste water discharging into the bay than were employed mining sand and shipping it around the country to put lip stick on this pig. But, one has to know who got paid how much to mine and ship the sand to fully understand the reason behind this project.

And now , they have put sandbags ( perhaps containing original real non fake sand ?) by the fake sand, to prevent it being washed away ..... which was apparently what was happening.... incredible

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 9/23/2020 at 7:56 PM, Snowy79 said:

Just saw a photo tonight of the bay.  They have put a ring of sandbags around the beach to contain it and already there's a basura line a good 30ft over the top of the sand bags leading up the beach and the sand is turning grey.

I saw the sandbag story earlier but not here... apologies for my double post on same story.....

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Sorry for veering way off topic again, mods...but I wanted to just clarify Freebie's comment....

Good clarification. Tommy T.  Am glad its happening. for the well deserving teachers... now maybe the nurses pay increase which has been delayed 18 years, since 2002 might proceed also ???

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, Freebie said:

Good clarification. Tommy T.  Am glad its happening. for the well deserving teachers... now maybe the nurses pay increase which has been delayed 18 years, since 2002 might proceed also ???

Have they really not had a pay increase since 2002?  Sounds crazy!

Freebie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Have they really not had a pay increase since 2002?  Sounds crazy!

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1308840/govt-nurses-get-pay-hike-18-years-overdue

hk blues
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Freebie said:

I'm not sure it means there were no pay increases for 18 years though - doesn't it mean the significant jump (hike) promised in 2002 hadn't taken place? I cannot see no increases at all for 18 years being possible.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm not sure it means there were no pay increases for 18 years though - doesn't it mean the significant jump (hike) promised in 2002 hadn't taken place? I cannot see no increases at all for 18 years being possible.

Me too... as always reporting fails to actually report precisely or accurately. I believe some pay bands did get increases but a general increase in all pay bands didnt happen.

Either way, what is more accurately reported is that nurses in Philippines are the lowest paid in S E Asia.

And they wonder why ( then ban them ) from travelling overseas for better paying assignments.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Anyone with up dates, was shown a picture yesterday of half the dolomite sand washed away. probably a fake shot but would not surprise me is genuine.  

• 4 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 9/30/2020 at 7:54 AM, RBM said:

Anyone with up dates, was shown a picture yesterday of half the dolomite sand washed away. probably a fake shot but would not surprise me is genuine.  

After stormy weather for 10+ days, as predicted, it will be gone soon.  Mother Nature will give it another shot on Monday, with 40+ kph winds.

122332741_3675420202515103_896885578582229234_n.jpg Screenshot (74)_LI.jpg

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Looking good.

manila bay.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1