For the sake of all the Filipino Covid-19 victims, Senator Manny Pacquiao will be fighting UFC superstar Conor McGregor

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Highly respect Manny he's a good man. 

My wife and boys met him waiting for their flight in Narita some years ago. He was very friendly and humble chatted with them for awhile.

• Like 2

Terry P
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Highly respect Manny he's a good man. 

My wife and boys met him waiting for their flight in Narita some years ago. He was very friendly and humble chatted with them for awhile.

Best ambassador for the sport he represents. No drama just does the business. Who knows what his future holds?

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 9/26/2020 at 10:48 PM, Shady said:

Philippine boxing icon says part of the proceeds of the boxing match will go to COVID-19 victims in his country

I am sure he means well.  I suspect there will be many hands in the graft before Manny's donation gets to the victims.  Cynical?  Well that is how it is done in the Philippines so I would say "sadness mixed with realism".

• Like 3

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)

[...] Pacquiao would donate a “huge portion” of his prize earnings to Filipino COVID-19 victims.

A private citizen donating million of dollars to underprivileged Filipinos. Compare and contrast with local politicians stealing millions of dollars earmarked for underprivileged Filipinos.

Say what you want about Pacquaio's skills as a politician, but he has done more for this country than half of the Senate put together.

Manny Pacquiao holds tight to his Bible after Nike dump | Movie TV Tech  Geeks News

Edited by Gandang Smile
  • Like 2
  • Love it 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gandang Smile said:

Say what you want about Pacquaio's skills as a politician, but he has done more for this country than half of the Senate put together

Hes also done a lot for the imported handbag industry. His wifes collection of handbags is quite astonishing..but even more astonishing is that whenever the wife gets a new bag, Pacquios mother, Dionisia,  has to get an identical one. A rare form of buy one get one.

The mother has created her own following by being a celebrity momma complete with toyboy.

I dont begrudge him what he has earnt at all. He came from very very humble beginnings and distributes a lot of wealth.

Apparently his team receive well over 1000 emails a day begging for help..every day for past 10 years.

Theres a good Youtube film of him addressing the Oxford Union. And another showing lines of people outside his house in Sarangani.  Everyone received a P1000 note.... with lots bodyguards on hand to prevent any shenanigans.

And right now, hes certainly trying to raise his profile as a possible Presidentiable ( local term)

https://www.lamudi.com.ph/journal/manny-pacquiao-a-boxing-champs-many-havens/

• Like 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

What's next? Will he wrestle dwarves?

• Haha 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Freebie said:

His wifes collection of handbags is quite astonishing..but even more astonishing is that whenever the wife gets a new bag, Pacquios mother, Dionisia,  has to get an identical one.

And those bags ain't cheap, some cost as much as a new car.  Throwback to Imelda and her shoe collection...

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Shady said:

And those bags ain't cheap, some cost as much as a new car.  Throwback to Imelda and her shoe collection...

LOL and Manny might be the next President, so we might very well have Imelda 2.0! :smile:

Pacquiao set to return to Congress, wife joins politics

GO JINKIE, GO! :dance:

• Haha 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Shady said:

You are right.. the Hermes Birkin ( which has/had  a 3 years waiting list ) is over US 30,000...  1.5 mill pesos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1