Surprised anyone still prints a paper.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Using a laptop when using the loo in the morning is inconvientent. It tends to get in the way of BUM maintenance when the business is finished :hystery:

• Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

They are definitely on their last legs and seem to be getting thinner and thinnger. 

But I still find it more relaxing to sit and read the paper (even though I'm happy to read a book on my iPad or Kindle).

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, scott h said:

Using a laptop when using the loo in the morning is inconvientent. It tends to get in the way of BUM maintenance when the business is finished :hystery:

Since more and more printed material is going digital, bringing my laptop to the bathroom is so convenient.  However, I really miss those centerfolds.  

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jake said:

However, I really miss those centerfolds.  

You could always buy one of these  :thumbsup:

Capture.JPG

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, scott h said:

And you can't use your laptop to wreak havoc on any cockroach that may appear while doing business.  :1927_:  At least you shouldn't.  :tongue:

• Haha 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, GeoffH said:

They are definitely on their last legs and seem to be getting thinner and thinnger. 

But I still find it more relaxing to sit and read the paper (even though I'm happy to read a book on my iPad or Kindle).

Pray tell me if not to far off topic, using a tablet I had a quick look at down loading books, most seem to have a pretty hefty price tag. perhaps there is another way.

I love to read and spend hours in an around Book Store shops of which we have 3 in Bacolod, after couple of hours one is lucky to find a reasonable novel.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, RBM said:

Pray tell me if not to far off topic, using a tablet I had a quick look at down loading books, most seem to have a pretty hefty price tag. perhaps there is another way.

I have a Kindle unlimited monthly subscription because I read a lot and it's cheaper for me to download and read books without owning them because I read anywhere between about 5 and 15 books per month (I'm a quick reader).  I can have up to 10 books on 'loan' from the Kindle unlimited library at any time and I can swap them in and out at any time.  Not all of the books on the Amazon library are in the Kindle free library but in my experience most of the fiction books I read are (action, science fiction, war, spy etc).  I can rent books from my Kindle Paper white, from my laptop in a web browser, from an Android phone in the app or the browser or on an iPhone (but only from a web browser because Apple and Amazon can't agree on commission).

This is a link to a review of Kindle Unlimited.

https://bookriot.com/how-does-kindle-unlimited-work/

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Free eBooks! Old out-of-copyright works. I've been reading a lot of Mark Twain and Rudyard Kipling the past year. I highly recommend The Innocents Abroad and Roughing It.

http://www.gutenbergproject.org

Free out-of-copyright children's books:

http://editec.net/

• Like 1