Anyone know a good real estate agent in Lipa, Batangas

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Interesting thing about this country is that a lot of the real estate posting happens on Facebook groups.

If you search most Filipino bank websites they have a foreclosure section or cars for sale etc.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If you search most Filipino bank websites they have a foreclosure section

True that.  But have you had a good look?  I haven't noticed them giving any deals away.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
On 10/6/2020 at 3:13 PM, Balisidar said:

Anyone know a good, honest real estate agent in Lipa?

concerning the topic, here is my input. In fact a really good friend of mine owns a house in the Lipa area. He wants to sell and asked me to help. I live in Manila and have a neighbor/distant relative who is a real estate agent. Started asking him questions and he said that he would take on the project. Started lining up prospective buyers, getting paperwork together and was well on the way, then c19 hit and the whole deal ground to a halt.

Bottom line is that relators here seem to be willing to travel to secure a deal. So IMHO the trust factor is of more importance than geography. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If you search most Filipino bank websites they have a foreclosure section or cars for sale etc.

My understanding here is there are restrictions on purchasers. There is a time period after the purchase where the vendor has a right to repay the failed the arrears and retain ownership. Worth checking out if anyone going this route.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Many variables here, but the extremely overvalued Philippine housing market (on higher end houses) is one the big reasons I am going to be moving the family to the U.S.  We have discussed it in other threads, but when I moved here 8 years ago 5-7 million pesos would get you a really nice house.  Now the same type of house has asking prices of 15-20 million.  For 15 million I can get a very nice 3-4 BR house in several areas of the U.S., built to modern codes.  I think a lot of the extreme rise in prices is driven by foreigners.

It's not the case where I live - you can still buy a new and acceptable standard house for 5-7m and 15-20m would get you a palace.  I still stand by my opinion that property in the Philippines is relatively inexpensive.  I wonder how long these "asking price" houses remain on the market?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 10/22/2020 at 9:19 PM, OnMyWay said:

I think a lot of the extreme rise in prices is driven by foreigners.

That may be the case. However, there seem to be a lot of wealthy Filipinos here in Davao judging by the number of big, expensive Fortuners, Rangers and other cars I see. Sure...they may all be paid for with big car loans, but there are a lot of big, expensive homes here too.

I will just add that the cost for building our home is similar or possibly higher than what I would expect to pay in USA. And a lot of the workmanship is shoddier for that cost.

• Like 5

RBM
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

That may be the case. However, there seem to be a lot of wealthy Filipinos here in Davao judging by the number of big, expensive Fortuners, Rangers and other cars I see. Sure...they may all be paid for with big car loans, but there are a lot of big, expensive homes here too.

I will just add that the cost for building our home is similar or possibly higher than what I would expect to pay in USA. And a lot of the workmanship is shoddier for that cost.

Tommy years ago when staying in a small apartment  there was a guy and wife  with several kids in a tiny studio, must of been super cramped for them. Outside was a brand new SUV which he washed daily, no doubt also a huge utung.  All about priorities I guess.

Your comments do surprise me about costs of your house build, yes agree by local standards your well an truly at the high end. When I built about 5 years ago, the standard was far above average, still costs were around 50% compared to NZ.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yes, there are quite a few wealthy Filipinos and even the middle class can take on enough debt to get a big house.  Sometimes, several family members might pool together to buy a big house.

Most of my experience with looking at home prices is with Subic area, Angeles City and Baguio, areas we were interested in.  In Subic and Angeles, it is my belief that higher prices are driven by Korean and Chinese.  Now that the Chinese Pogos are exiting, I'm curious to see if housing is impacted.  There are tall apartment buildings in Cubi that were taken over by the Pogos.  For the first time in years, they are advertising the apartments to the general public.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/sbma-sees-continuing-drop-in-chinese-workers-at-subic?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1_IoAhCnRpjsUkams4_SGWNP7BPiHxdbG2Ip1jaRqv1n_kJLM3zZVBJJ8#Echobox=1603377114

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, RBM said:

no doubt also a huge utung

So he washes the car naked?  :hystery:

• Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, hk blues said:

It's not the case where I live - you can still buy a new and acceptable standard house for 5-7m and 15-20m would get you a palace. 

You can get a new house of good size and reasonable quality in CDO (or second hand house of larger size and good quality) in a decent subdivision for 5 to 7 million (that was our budget when we were shopping for a house 2 to 3 years ago.  We spent about 300,000 on painting and renovating the bath room on top of that but it wasn't essential.  

For that money in Australia you'd only buy a 2 bedroom condo in a regional city (a house would be twice that) or a studio condio in a less desirable area in a major city (a house would be 4 times that).

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2