Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Support

Well the good news here is that our favorite casino has reopened. Okada here in Manila.

Thought I would relate the experience.

First of all only people who have the top 4 level of player cards are allowed in. So if your just an occasional player or have never been before you wont be allowed in. Upon entering you must go through a complete body scan, reminded me of a TSA airport screening machine. Then (and I have only seen this in the movies or in military decontamination chambers) you enter an enclosed misting booth, stand there for a few seconds then proceed through the normal security check point. You then present your players card which is scanned for contact tracing purposes. On the main floor of the casino everything is pretty much the same as any mall. Hand sanitizer everywhere, security ensuring social distancing etc. But there are several robots roaming the floors spraying mist and I suppose ultra violet light disinfecting the area. 

So my pessimistic brain just has to wonder. Are we getting extra high tech protection because we can "afford" to go to this place? Or is this just a marketing ploy to make us feel more comfortable so we spent more money? :89:

  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, scott h said:

Or is this just a marketing ploy to make us feel more comfortable so we spent more money? :89:

 A game of Chance methinks. :whistling:

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

 A game of Chance methinks. :whistling:

JACK! :hystery:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Well the good news here is that our favorite casino has reopened. Okada here in Manila.

Thought I would relate the experience.

First of all only people who have the top 4 level of player cards are allowed in. So if your just an occasional player or have never been before you wont be allowed in. Upon entering you must go through a complete body scan, reminded me of a TSA airport screening machine. Then (and I have only seen this in the movies or in military decontamination chambers) you enter an enclosed misting booth, stand there for a few seconds then proceed through the normal security check point. You then present your players card which is scanned for contact tracing purposes. On the main floor of the casino everything is pretty much the same as any mall. Hand sanitizer everywhere, security ensuring social distancing etc. But there are several robots roaming the floors spraying mist and I suppose ultra violet light disinfecting the area. 

So my pessimistic brain just has to wonder. Are we getting extra high tech protection because we can "afford" to go to this place? Or is this just a marketing ploy to make us feel more comfortable so we spent more money? :89:

You didnt mention if the Chinese and Koreans are still smoking as if the world was going to end in Okada or are they only allowed to smoke in City of Dreams. 

Said Chinese/koreans and casino operators being In full compliance of the No Smoking in Public Places Executive order 26 of course.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
2 minutes ago, Freebie said:

You didnt mention if the Chinese and Koreans are still smoking

Smoking is only allowed now in designated spots around the perimeter of the gaming area. 1 smoker at a time, and now that you mention it there were no chinese or koreans present that I saw.

4 minutes ago, Freebie said:

No Smoking in Public Places Executive order 26 of course.

If memory serves, when 26 came out, casinos were exempted (just as they are in the States) as long as they have a designated non smoking gaming area, which they did:thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, scott h said:

Smoking is only allowed now in designated spots around the perimeter of the gaming area. 1 smoker at a time, and now that you mention it there were no chinese or koreans present that I saw.

If memory serves, when 26 came out, casinos were exempted (just as they are in the States) as long as they have a designated non smoking gaming area, which they did:thumbsup:

Thanks.. didnt know that. .assumed the law applied everywhere....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
19 hours ago, Freebie said:

Thanks.. didnt know that. .assumed the law applied everywhere....

The law is applied equally to all business, but some are more equal than others. :tongue:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
54 minutes ago, Mike J said:

The law is applied equally to all business, but some are more equal than others. :tongue:

True that..... Golden Rule.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...