Super Typhoon GONI (ROLLY)

Yeochief
Posted
Posted (edited)

Looks like the eye is tracking just south of Rosario, Cavite.  The eye keeps moving after landfall, just like any other typhoon/hurricane would do.  https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/6e6ab95c7df508cac2d3ce3d64128595eae3b5f085069c29790f9e2b0820a80e 

Hit the future tab. 

Edited by Yeochief
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Gas said:

Only slightly. We are in Southern Luzon and preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Higher please!

I was just looking at the models again and they are varying a lot.  The one I like at Pagasa is not updated this morning.  Maybe at 11 am.

Stay safe!

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)

#ROLLY) 1st November

Edited by jimeve

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Just got an alert a few minutes ago for signal 4 for Nasugbu Batangas.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Looks like eye will be really near us, here in Malolos.  Starting to get text messages warnings on the phone from NDRRMC.  Got my beer, Jim Beam and wine.  

Got any room at your table mate, I could do with a beer.

• Like 2

Yeochief
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Got any room at your table mate, I could do with a beer.

Always.  Only got 4, drank two already.  Watching the rain coming down, expect heavy rain later.  Little wind right now, but expect to increase later on in the day.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Best wishes to all affected. Stay safe.

• Like 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Here in Sta Rosa we have had rain all day on and off.  Heavy now.  Same with the wind, but slowly building gusts.  It has gotten much stronger the past hour.  Hope everyone stays safe. :popcorn:

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, intrepid said:

Here in Sta Rosa we have had rain all day on and off.  Heavy now.  Same with the wind, but slowly building gusts.  It has gotten much stronger the past hour.  Hope everyone stays safe. :popcorn:

A FB friend just shared this site which has the best view I have seen, but is it accurate?

https://zoom.earth/storms/goni-2020/

It has the path far south of us.  Others still have it going across the mouth of Manila Bay to Bataan, and on to Subic.  They still have us under signal 4 but it is quiet.  Light rain earlier.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

A FB friend just shared this site which has the best view I have seen, but is it accurate?

We are still experiencing some strong gusts but the steady wind seems around 40 kph.  If that track is correct I would think we will experience the hardest winds between 8-10 this evening as it passes the closest to our south.  Just praying for no loss of electric so my wife can watch her horror movies.:smile:

• Like 3