Jump to content

Super Typhoon GONI (ROLLY)


Recommended Posts

On the weather radar, it looks like it has started to head northwest.  We are getting winds and rain from the south.  Looks like we will get our hardest winds around mid night or so.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best wishes to all affected. Stay safe.  

Looks like eye will be really near us, here in Malolos.  Starting to get text messages warnings on the phone from NDRRMC.  Got my beer, Jim Beam and wine.  

Only slightly. We are in Southern Luzon and preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Higher please!

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Yeochief said:

On the weather radar, it looks like it has started to head northwest.  We are getting winds and rain from the south.  Looks like we will get our hardest winds around mid night or so.  

Be safe there, Chief!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Always.  Only got 4, drank two already.  Watching the rain coming down, expect heavy rain later.  Little wind right now, but expect to increase later on in the day.  

Only 2 beers OK I will visit @Jack Petersonhe has some.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We are very blessed that it missed us.  I know how long it takes for recovery in the States, has to be longer here.  Stay safe.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2020 at 1:59 AM, OnMyWay said:

I was just looking at the models again and they are varying a lot.  The one I like at Pagasa is not updated this morning.  Maybe at 11 am.

Stay safe!

The direction was very erratic and when we lost power mid morning i presumed it was still heading towards us and we would take a direct hit around 8pm.  In the end there was some strong wind and rain mid afternoon that petered out in the evening. 

Seems Catanduanes took the brunt of the storm and my heart goes out to the victims. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Gas said:

The direction was very erratic and when we lost power mid morning i presumed it was still heading towards us and we would take a direct hit around 8pm.  In the end there was some strong wind and rain mid afternoon that petered out in the evening. 

Seems Catanduanes took the brunt of the storm and my heart goes out to the victims. 

Glad to hear that you are fine there.  The forecasting was the worst I have ever seen.  I know that it is not an exact science, but I have never seen them move the track from north to south then north then south.  Almost seem like a human error or computer error.

@Onemore52 is in Daet, very close to the first landfall.  I hope you are all ok there.  Let us know when you are back online.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

but I have never seen them move the track from north to south then north then south.  Almost seem like a human error or computer error.

That is normal for a hurricane track in the Gulf of Mexico back in the States.  When they show it on the weather channel it seems like there is a bunch of tracks that are shown.  It is hard to tell with the ocean temperature and it is also so easy to bump it off course once it hits land. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2020 at 7:27 PM, OnMyWay said:

Glad to hear that you are fine there.  The forecasting was the worst I have ever seen.  I know that it is not an exact science, but I have never seen them move the track from north to south then north then south.  Almost seem like a human error or computer error.

@Onemore52 is in Daet, very close to the first landfall.  I hope you are all ok there.  Let us know when you are back online.

Thanks for the thought but unfortunately I am in Melbourne, Australia without any idea when I can get back, or even will there be any visas handed out.

I did talk to my partner yesterday when the power came back on, and of course the house got flooded internally from the leaking roof which I mentioned in another post.

I have to hand it to the electricity people that had the power back on within a couple of days, no mean feat considering the destruction, so credit when it is due.

 

Cheers

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...