CARDIOLOGY RECOMMENDATIONS NCR?

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

All, We are scrambling to ID a Good cardiologist or cardi group in NCR region for my MIL. She spent a week at private hospital in Caloocan after BP hit 190 on high end number, passing out and vomiting, but no heart attack amazingly. Took some time, but they got her BP down and her anxiety down which make it worse of course. Been on statins for while now, but clearly heart disease/blockage and we are setting up angiogram at same hospital(?) and hopefully angioplasty vice going by-pass route If called for. Anyway, wanted see if anyone on forum has experience in cardiology care for self of family member in NCR area that you would recommend?....we of course are footing bill and simply want best outcome for mom regardless of cost in long run. As a side, likely my Asawa will go ahead very soon with kid and move back to PI, while I'll follow in Spring after getting house projects all finished and rented out or sold. Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

You have a PM. I can help with a cardiologist in Manila.

The housing market here is up 8% from a year ago so it's still a great time to sell.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

All, We are scrambling to ID a Good cardiologist or cardi group in NCR region for my MIL. She spent a week at private hospital in Caloocan after BP hit 190 on high end number, passing out and vomiting, but no heart attack amazingly. Took some time, but they got her BP down and her anxiety down which make it worse of course. Been on statins for while now, but clearly heart disease/blockage and we are setting up angiogram at same hospital(?) and hopefully angioplasty vice going by-pass route If called for. Anyway, wanted see if anyone on forum has experience in cardiology care for self of family member in NCR area that you would recommend?....we of course are footing bill and simply want best outcome for mom regardless of cost in long run. As a side, likely my Asawa will go ahead very soon with kid and move back to PI, while I'll follow in Spring after getting house projects all finished and rented out or sold. Thanks in advance!

You have mail.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

Just quick follow up, more so because it emphasizes the need for expats to have a good medical emergency fund if gonna land in the PI long term, or maybe even short term. We got mom all fixed up for now, but certainly not cheap out of pocket and more than I would have paid out of pocket here in US with our insurance....$2K for the angiogram and about $8K for the angioplasty and stints and probably another $1K for all the hospital stays/expenses. Luckily we were able to get the $ transferred quickly and get it all done, as they guy with same symptoms and diagnosis as her at same time, same place, died before could get his. Her procedure ended up being done by a cardio group on Greenhills there in NCR vice Caloocan as I'd thought....luckily good doc in the later Did send her to the group in Greenhills.  Now wife and son are back there as well visiting Lola for Xmas and New Yrs.  Thanks to all for the suggestions/guidance earlier....looking forward to getting there next Summer.  

• Like 2
  • Love it 1