Foreign Accent?

Jake
Posted
Posted

I can almost imagine hearing and somewhat understanding an expat speaking Visayan or Tagalog, heavily accented with an Aussie or British twang.  But I can't even imagine how an Italian, such as our new member Gangdang Smile, would sound like.  

But I can also imagine the world wide reputation of Italian men labelled as the Italian Stallion?  And the common wealth expats have that stiff upper lip reputation?  Whereas, the Americans have a reputation as to what, these days?  

Questions, questions......for the curious mind.  Respectfully Jake 

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jake said:

Whereas, the Americans have a reputation as to what, these days?  

Filipinos have told me that Americans fight way too many wars, and that they always seem to be very busy and extremely stressed.

• Like 2

fototek1
Posted
Posted

Jack, I think Americans do fight to many wars and I am to busy and extremely stressed.....Oh I mean Americans are to busy and to stressed. I am curious to see how I will do in retirement. I am good at doing nothing for about an hour!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Kuya John
Posted
Posted
On 11/4/2020 at 11:44 AM, graham59 said:

though they might give you a thick one, if they think you've looked at them 'the wrong way'.  

Revisited.....What's the first opening question at a quiz night in Liverpool?

Who are you lookin at ! :Caught:

Strangely enough the only time I struggled to understand an english speaking person was bloke from NZ !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shady
Posted
Posted

I hear some expats still speaking with a foreign dialect, like  "pay-so" instead of "peh-so". Come on, you've been here years.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well , if they insist on calling me Gra (flat 'a' )- HAM , as in ham sandwich...instead of Gray-um.  :whatever:

It is an English /Scottish name, so please fronounce it froperly !  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Revisited.....What's the first opening question at a quiz night in Liverpool?

Who are you lookin at ! :Caught:

Strangely enough the only time I struggled to understand an english speaking person was bloke from NZ !

Quiz night in Liverpool is not the ideal introduction to the Scouse species. Approached when you have a solitary specimen (or woman) they are really quite docile

However they are pack animals and mingling with more than 3 can have dire consequences

Hence the phrase "riotous assembly"

Be careful there John!!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1