Not Again! Ulysses / Vamco On The Way!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Bicol and Batangas and Oriental Mindoro don't need this!  Seems to be headed north of us but who knows!

Ulysses2120-Zoom.png

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

We are fortunate that Moalboal is out of the path of most typhoons.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mike J said:

We are fortunate

Or you planned well.  It was one of my primary reasons for moving to Dumaguete, years ago.

• Like 2

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Showing only one track, still to far out to know where it will go.  I do know I can't run and hide, so I need to make sure I have enough food and water to last for about a month.  I do have gas to cook with if elect does out.  Been through one of the strongest hurricanes to hit the United States, Hugo, September 1989, had to stay in Charleston due to being in the Navy.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Looks like the target arrival time is late Wed night- early Thursday morning.  Praying all stay safe.:tiphat:

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Or you planned well.  It was one of my primary reasons for moving to Dumaguete, years ago.

same here, way back in 2003, Even though wife's from Bohol.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I didn't realize how bad some areas got hit until this evening.  Severe flooding in several areas of Manila, and Marikina area seems to be the worst.  @stevewool You house is in the area, correct?  Hope everything is ok.

These bloggers drove over to the white sand beach to take a look.  You can see the flooding in some areas as they drove from Makati.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Yes the house is in Marikina, Emma has no news from the family there , but as it’s a two story house the family should be fine plus the lodgers , the cats and the rats .

I am sure the sisters would let her know if any funds are needed .

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

I am sure the sisters would let her know if any funds are needed .

I'm sure they will Steve!

• Haha 2

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Lost electric at around 0300 (3 am), 12 November and got it back at around 1830 (6:30 pm), 16 November.   Sustained winds of around 65 kph, flooding in the village here, water got up to the gate here, but nothing to worry about here at the house.  Glad I had balcony furniture, spent just about all day there.  Glad to have gas (keep two bottles of gas on hand) on the stove, was able to cut up the food in the freezer.  Had plenty of food and water (keep 4 blue jugs of water on hand).  Could had electric back on 14 November, but the flooding in the village, they were afraid to turn it back on because they were worried it might zap someone, my thought was to shut the breakers off for the houses that had electric outlets underwater, but I'm not an electrician, so what do I know.  Of course the electric water pumps were shut down, so the water going down was slow, now they are working, water is going down fast.  Should have seen all of the boats that were made to get around, banana trees with doors on top and chairs, folks still making money.  Outside the village electric was restored on 14 November, so life back to normal.  Life is great.

• Like 5