Anyone considering visiting your homeland or another country for a vaccine inoculation?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Evidently vaccines are available in China and Russia now. The US and Briton will have one very soon maybe next month. Anyone thinking of returning to your homeland or some other country for a vaccine? 

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm in the boat for people that will hold off on any vaccine until it has been proven safe and effective.  

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

We are talking about making a run to Guam

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm in the boat for people that will hold off on any vaccine until it has been proven safe and effective.  

Make sure everyone in the boat wears a mask!!!!!  :hystery:

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Pfizer have realeased some test data that is showing a 90% effectiveness rate for the preliminary studies (which is pretty high the flu vaccine varies from 50% to about 70% depending upon the year and strains).

Personally I'd feel safer with one of the western vaccines that had been through the proper stages of testing and passed than one of the Chinese or Russian vaccines that seem to be being released before all of the testing is finished (and honestly even after that I'd still choose a western vaccine).

As for travelling by plane to get a vaccine, that seems to me to be exposing ones self to unneeded risk but YMMV.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-pfizer-effective-early-trial-data?fbclid=IwAR1dXu4JAMcrDNYOnIvk0RWtRRoiyizyKytwTYEv8z50BjdygYqB3qU4_V0

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 4

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

123984257_10221236700600763_146724785056

With over 250,000 populations, I don't think these number are bad.  So I'm not in a rush.  I'm sure that the United States Veterans Affairs will be giving them when approved and I have an appointment in March 2021.  

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

here is another question. If, let us say I go to Guam. Get a shot,,,hand around for two weeks for the booster (I hear it is a two shot vaccine) Would I (any of us) still have to be tested at NAIA, pay for the test, pay for the hotel waiting for the test, and then still do the 14 day self quarantine? 

Or will immigration accept foreign paperwork? 

I realize we are putting the cart before the horse,,,but it is fun to speculate lolol:cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic