Anyone considering visiting your homeland or another country for a vaccine inoculation?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, scott h said:

I realize we are putting the cart before the horse,,,but it is fun to speculate lolo

:89: Are we? sometimes that seems to work especially here :whistling:

• Haha 1

strap
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Old55 said:

Evidently vaccines are available in China and Russia now. The US and Briton will have one very soon maybe next month. Anyone thinking of returning to your homeland or some other country for a vaccine? 

I don't know how far Briton and the other countries are along, but I think it will be several more months in the US before someone can just pop in and get a dose (or two?) of a COVID vaccine. They've still got large-scale testing to do, then they have to ramp up production, and start distribution. And then they'll prioritize who gets them first: health care workers, first responders, nursing home residents, teachers, etc.

It's gonna be awhile.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, scott h said:

Would I (any of us) still have to be tested at NAIA, pay for the test, pay for the hotel waiting for the test, and then still do the 14 day self quarantine? 

Or will immigration accept foreign paperwork? 

My guess, and it is just my guess, is that the BI would still make you do the test and 14 day quarantine.  The REASON would be the inability to think for themselves, (Ve are chust folling orders), but the EXCUSE will be that the vaccine is not 100% proven to be 100% effective. (Yeah I know, tests and quarantines are not 100% effective either but it is what it is.)

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, scott h said:

let us say I go to Guam. Get a shot,,,hand around for two weeks for the booster (I hear it is a two shot vaccine) Would I (any of us) still have to be tested at NAIA, pay for the test, pay for the hotel waiting for the test, and then still do the 14 day self quarantine? 

Depending on your visa situation you may ne be allowed back anyway for some time yet :smile:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Personally I go out every night and have no plans of taking any vaccine shots. What ever will be will be ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 90 % possible immunisation safety where l get so far 100% so what's the point.  Been living with this for what, 8 or 9 months now so my reality is saying, humbug .

:71161:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Depending on your visa situation you may ne be allowed back anyway for some time yet

For the sake of discussion, I am a 13a holder. Under current policy we are aloud into the country 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I think Jack makes a valid point. Flying 12+ hours and going through two or more airports is not worth the risk in order to get a vaccine. Better to just bunker down for the time being.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yes, I will continue to hide here in my jungle shack. :smile:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's Britain guys, Britain. 

Edit to Clarify - Britain not Briton is the country! :whistling:

Edited by hk blues
  • I'm Confused 1

KC813
Posted
Posted
On 11/10/2020 at 6:45 AM, strap said:

It's gonna be awhile.

All the media buzz about this Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine really just shows how desperate the world is to end this pandemic and live normally again.

All these stories are based on a drug company press release containing very preliminary and limited date.  Press releases are not usually the best source for 'balanced' information.  There are tons of questions left to be answered over this Pfizer RNA-type vaccine before it ever gets emergency approval, and the need to keep it at minus 70C (-94F) is a huge drawback for distribution to the masses.  

But still, this is just one more step on the long ladder to a possibly useful vaccine.  There are dozens of potential vaccines in the works, of various types, and only time will tell which vaccine, or combination of treatments, is proven to be the most effective.

I am with those in the ‘wait and see’ mode.  As time passes, we know more.  Vaccine safety and efficacy will improve.

Let me modify Old55’s good question just a little.  Many months from now, by applying your own personal risk/benefit analysis that considers your own situation, would you travel to a different country to get a well-documented and effective vaccine if the only vaccine available where you live is of questionable quality?

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic