Anyone considering visiting your homeland or another country for a vaccine inoculation?

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 11/10/2020 at 10:15 AM, Mike J said:

I feel "relatively" safe here in the Philippines and will not be traveling to the USA for any reason in the foreseeable future where current infections are topping 100,000 per day.  When/if the vaccine arrives here I will not be first in line.  Like others I will wait awhile and try to research what is available.  In the meantime I continue to "hunker down" and hope for the best.

Agree my sentiments exactly. Plus, and for me a very big plus.........No way am I prepared to jump through the hoops and suffer quarantines.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, KC813 said:

Press releases are not usually the best source for 'balanced' information. 

So the entire US election was based on unbalanced information?  I am shocked I say.  Just shocked.  :cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

(Sorry, the devil made me do it.)

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Say what you will Dave all I know is I visited my two local gun shop indoor ranges the past week no 45ACP, 9mm or 223 ammunition to be found.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, hk blues said:

It's Britain guys, Britain. 

Edit to Clarify - Britain not Briton is the country! :whistling:

The Briton has Bitten about the Britain :whistling:

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

The Briton has Bitten about the Britain :whistling:

Good one Geoff! 

It's the second time in as many days I've read the same on here so a man can only take so much! :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Good one Geoff! 

It's the second time in as many days I've read the same on here so a man can only take so much! :shock_40_anim_gif:

Usual suspects.

6C422C70-36D1-45B1-A921-F5F491ED2497.jpeg

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Old55 said:

Usual suspects.

6C422C70-36D1-45B1-A921-F5F491ED2497.jpeg

At least they spelt (spelled:whistling:)  Britain correctly! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted

I’m already in my home country, but the reports about the vaccine’s side effects are sounding almost as bad (or maybe even worse) as actually contracting COVID-19.

Plus, studies have shown that the vaccine only works on one out of 10 people.

So, I’m going to just keep wearing my mask and washing my hands for the time being.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1247485

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack D said:

Plus, studies have shown that the vaccine only works on one out of 10 people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1247485

Jack sorry but you read it wrong, the web site you link to is talking about the Pfizer vaccine candidate and the preliminary study showed it worked on 90% of people (ie did not work on one out of 10 people).

And yeah it makes most people feel crappy (like a hang over or a cold) for a couple of days (up to 5 days in a few cases) and you need two shots.

Not trying to convince you to take it... just didn't want the misunderstanding about the 90% vs 10% to spread on the forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Jack D
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Jack sorry but you read it wrong, the web site you link to is talking about the Pfizer vaccine candidate and the preliminary study showed it worked on 90% of people (ie did not work on one out of 10 people).

GeoffH, my mistake (my bad). The truth is that I actually read it correctly but I typed my comments incorrectly.

I really meant to say that only 9 out of 10 people have shown positive results from the Pfizer vaccine, which gives me just a 10 percent chance of it ever working for me.

I'll skip on the Pfizer vaccine--instead, I'll keep wearing my mask when necessary, wash and sanitize my hands, keep my distance from strangers and avoid large crowds (esp. if DJT is there). 

Remember, the Pfizer vaccine requires a second shot, which is probably also full of awful side effects.

I'll just wait until there's a COVID-19 vaccine injection that is just as painless as a flu shot with no dreadful side effects.

• Thanks 1
  • I'm Confused 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic