Highly recommended driver in the Subic/Zambales area

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DaveB said:

OnMyWay had passed me a URL for an apparent part of the Forum where he had logged contact info for a recommended van service in the Subic area.  Unfortunately, when I used it, the system gave me a big shrug.  So...thought I'd insert the following here in the hopes it helps someone down the road (pun intended).

My wife and I just spent a week in the general Subic area scouting around to see if we wanted to live there and doing some representative house hunting.  OnMyWay had steered me to a guy named Dex, and I contacted him to arrange for a few days of driving us around - kind of combination driver and guide.  At the end of our time there, I can say, the guy came through with service far exceeding anything I expected.  By the end, I had not only accomplished our personal goals, but I came away feeling like I had a gained a friend.

Dex tuned in to what we were up to, then exposed us to every bit of location touring we could ever have asked for.  He knows the area cold, he knows the pros and cons of everything, he was full of suggestions to help us on our quest.  Even after we'd returned to Angeles City, he was still going out of the way to send us pictures of any houses he found that might interest us, and did some personal contact work with a lady in Europe who had an AirBnB she was willing to lease out.

I strongly recommend this guy if you need help in the future.  You can reach him via WhatsApp or by text at 63 917 718 2436, or by his emails at ognita@gmail.com.  Tell him Dave says hi.

Yes, Dex is unlike many drivers you might find here because he is very worldly and can carry on a conversation on many subjects.  He lived in the U.S. for a while.  I think he has two children in the military academies here and is a big supporter of the Philippine and U.S. military.  When U.S. ships are in port, he has clearance to go right onto the dock to pick up military personnel.

P.S., if you need any garden plants his wife has a green thumb and sells her beautiful plants cheap, like wholesale.  My wife has bought some from her.  Others are buying from her and reselling.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 4
  • Love it 1