well connected place with view

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/10/2020 at 11:26 PM, Patryk said:

Also any Europeans which used to drive motorcycle at daily basic there?

I have ridden motorbikes almost my entire life, I started with small off road bikes when I was 13 and I still haven't stopped.

And I do have a small motorbike in the Philippines (a Honda Wave 125 which has gears but not clutch) but I ride it on weekends, heading away from the city and the city traffic and I avoid peak hour if at all possible.

I'm not saying don't ride a motorbike here, it's entirely possible but there is a lack of western emergency style ambulances and in many areas western style hospitals and you won't get the quick response you'd get in most western countries (and most bystanders will just stand by doing nothing).

So I'm very careful where I ride, when I ride and how I ride and we have a car for shopping and peak hour.

I could get by with just a motorbike but I'd probably use jeepneys, tricycles and taxis a lot more than I do now.

It takes a while to get used to how the traffic works here (or doesn't work as the case sometimes is).

So my advice is start slow and local and be extra careful (oh and a lot of the local helmets are crap, try an upmarket big bike store and buy a branded one).

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3

Patryk
Posted
Posted
On 11/11/2020 at 5:20 AM, Shady said:

You want to rent a house in Cordova. 

Absolutely, very nice place imo  

6 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I have ridden motorbikes almost my entire life, I started with small off road bikes when I was 13 and I still haven't stopped.

And I do have a small motorbike in the Philippines (a Honda Wave 125 which has gears but not clutch) but I ride it on weekends, heading away from the city and the city traffic and I avoid peak hour if at all possible.

I'm not saying don't ride a motorbike here, it's entirely possible but there is a lack of western emergency style ambulances and in many areas western style hospitals and you won't get the quick response you'd get in most western countries (and most bystanders will just stand by doing nothing).

So I'm very careful where I ride, when I ride and how I ride and we have a car for shopping and peak hour.

I could get by with just a motorbike but I'd probably use jeepneys, tricycles and taxis a lot more than I do now.

It takes a while to get used to how the traffic works here (or doesn't work as the case sometimes is).

So my advice is start slow and local and be extra careful (oh and a lot of the local helmets are crap, try an upmarket big bike store and buy a branded one).

Yeah just be aware of what can happen, this is what is on my mind to use tricycles and taxis, thanks for advice

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Patryk said:

Yeah just be aware of what can happen, this is what is on my mind to use tricycles and taxis, thanks for advice

Pretty much the same risk in a tricyclles as to if you were on your own bike. Taxis can also be a risk also but thats life and have to move about somehow.  

• Like 1