Jump to content

Do you have a plan in place for medical emergency's?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Not exactly true.  Like most insurance, it is confusing as all heck!  Philhealth does do some other things that save you money.

When I had my shoulder surgery, the surgeon's fee was 85624 less Philhealth deduction 15264 = 70,000.  My anesthesiologist was 45416 less Philhealth deduction 10416 = 35000.  So I think Philhealth has some caps on procedures even if they don't cover the procedure.  They take quite some time to review the bill on the day you are checking out.

My hospital bill (without professional fees) was 108,430.82 total.  Philhealth covered 21300., so final was 87139.  Looking at the bill now, I have no idea how that 21300 was calculated.  My wife reviewed the bill when we checked out and we asked some questions, but I can't remember the details.  I certainly did not get 50% off the hospital bill.  I think Philhealth is mainly covering the room and board???

I'm going of my experience with Phil-health when I first had dengue. yours must be varied, maybe it's expensive where you live!

I had to pay the doctors cash with the lab results and prescription drugs. So that left me 2 days in hospital in a private room.

The bill was paid using my credit card. 20,000 pesos phil health paid 10,000 pesos towards it.

They won't cover heart operations unless you have specific coverage. Something like z, can't remember exactly. 

BTW, I used my wife's phil-health account.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was explaining to my wife, I thought it would be selfish of me, knowing I had a terminal illness and kept trying to get treated.  I also do not want to extend the misery and drain resources for my wif

I live Moalboal about two to three hours from the closest "real" hospital.  If I have a heart attack my plan is to die.    I do have a credit card with a very large credit limit in case of accidents/i

I have only Phil-health and a credit-card just in case. Anyway St Peters funeral is on route to the hospitals if I don't make it that far.

15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Not exactly true.  Like most insurance, it is confusing as all heck!  Philhealth does do some other things that save you money.

When I had my shoulder surgery, the surgeon's fee was 85624 less Philhealth deduction 15264 = 70,000.  My anesthesiologist was 45416 less Philhealth deduction 10416 = 35000.  So I think Philhealth has some caps on procedures even if they don't cover the procedure.  They take quite some time to review the bill on the day you are checking out.

My hospital bill (without professional fees) was 108,430.82 total.  Philhealth covered 21300., so final was 87139.  Looking at the bill now, I have no idea how that 21300 was calculated.  My wife reviewed the bill when we checked out and we asked some questions, but I can't remember the details.  I certainly did not get 50% off the hospital bill.  I think Philhealth is mainly covering the room and board???

Appreciate this post thank you On My way, very informative. 

From what i have read on line I agree its very confusing, the fee seems to be P17k per year. We went to the office here in Bacolod to attempt obtaining up to date details.....Well one would need to bring a camp stretcher and breakfast to even talk to a worker....Talk about social distancing.

Hope to hear back from Paul  regarding a 10% discount when has his ACI card, again can find no info on this.  

Mean time stay healthy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Appreciate this post thank you On My way, very informative. 

From what i have read on line I agree its very confusing, the fee seems to be P17k per year. We went to the office here in Bacolod to attempt obtaining up to date details.....Well one would need to bring a camp stretcher and breakfast to even talk to a worker....Talk about social distancing.

Hope to hear back from Paul  regarding a 10% discount when has his ACI card, again can find no info on this.  

Mean time stay healthy.

I'm on my wife's policy so I don't have to pay the 17k.  It is still a relatively good value if you have to pay 17k.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Appreciate this post thank you On My way, very informative. 

From what i have read on line I agree its very confusing, the fee seems to be P17k per year. We went to the office here in Bacolod to attempt obtaining up to date details.....Well one would need to bring a camp stretcher and breakfast to even talk to a worker....Talk about social distancing.

Hope to hear back from Paul  regarding a 10% discount when has his ACI card, again can find no info on this.  

Mean time stay healthy.

Like many other members here, I was lucky enough to be included in my wife's policy along with my son and was grandfathered when the rules on foreigners changed. It's super great value at free but still excellent value at 17k. I'd urge anyone not a member to join if thet have no other cover. 

In terms of cover, it isn't based on a %age of the bill - it's based on a menu of treatments with each having a maximum amount to be covered. This menu is available online - i checked last night. There is not one single list though, you need to do some digging to get specifics. 

We've only used it once since coming here - my son had a deep cut on his wrist. We paid about 1.2k php and the total bill all in was around 8k php - so we only paid about 15%. No charge for follow-up visit and removing stitches. As far as I'm aware, this was because these follow up visits were 'labour only'. Please note the costs very much depend on which hospital you go to. There is no fixed fee for treatment here. My wife took our son to the nearest hospital which happened to be cheap. Personally, I'd judge which level of hospital to go to based on what treatment us needed. A quick couple of stitches can be done anywhere, heart surgery not so much. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
On 11/27/2020 at 7:39 PM, Philippine Paul said:

Well, from my understanding, if you are on a 13A (as I am) or a 13G Permanent Resident Visa, you are considered to be a Citizen of the Philippines once you attain Age 60.

Unless you take a oath to become a citizen then you are a resident only. Immigration status has nothing to do with becoming a citizen of another country. If you became a citizen then you don't need a 13A

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
18 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Unless you take a oath to become a citizen then you are a resident only. Immigration status has nothing to do with becoming a citizen of another country. If you became a citizen then you don't need a 13A

And before you can become a citizen there are a number of requirements to met including 10 years residency (five if married to a Philippine citizen), and you must be fluent in one of the Philippine major languages (Tagalog, Bisayan, etc.).  I have only been here seven years but have never met, nor heard of, an expat who became a Philippine citizen.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
46 minutes ago, Mike J said:

you must be fluent in one of the Philippine major languages (Tagalog, Bisayan, etc.).

That is a strange requirement, considering that English is an official language of the Philippines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
31 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That is a strange requirement, considering that English is an official language of the Philippines.

Pinoy pride?

Obstruction ploy? 

Edited by Old55
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

And before you can become a citizen there are a number of requirements to met including 10 years residency (five if married to a Philippine citizen), and you must be fluent in one of the Philippine major languages (Tagalog, Bisayan, etc.).

 

Mike J, don't forget there is another way to get Filipino citizenship.   The Philippine government can grant citizenship when it is really important, in the national interest, and if you are over 6 foot tall and can play basketball!

 

October 2020: https://www.rappler.com/sports/gilas-pilipinas/angelo-kouame-senate-endorsement-philippines-naturalization

This may just be in the future of the national basketball team after Kouame got the endorsement of Senator Sonny Angara with the filing of the bill that will grant him Philippine citizenship.

 

2014, to a player that had no Filipino blood and had never been to the Philippines.

https://sports.inquirer.net/154030/nba-player-granted-filipino-citizenship-will-play-for-gilas-team

MANILA, Philippines — The Senate on Monday approved the naturalization of American basketball player Andray Blatche on third and final reading.

 

  • Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
21 hours ago, KC813 said:

Mike J, don't forget there is another way to get Filipino citizenship.   The Philippine government can grant citizenship when it is really important, in the national interest, and if you are over 6 foot tall and can play basketball!

I was aware of the exception by congress, but I was fairly certain that those of us on the forum "need not apply".:hystery:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...