Do you have a plan in place for medical emergency's?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

There's only Queen's English and mistakes

You're so mischeevious. :hystery:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yeah, I already linked to the Philippine Constitution in my last post and nobody read it so here it is in big letters

Section 7. For purposes of communication and instruction, the official languages of the Philippines are Filipino and, until otherwise provided by law, English.

Yes, but Mr Dave sir, if you'd actually shown it as a link rather than simply an underlined part of a sentence which it looked like, we might have clicked on it. :whistling:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hmmm... I thought this was a topic regarding preparations for physical health and preparation? I guess it is now a language seminar. As such, I will vote for Canadian English...eh?

Edited by Tommy T.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Hmmm... I thought this was a topic regarding preparations regarding physical health and preparation? I guess it is now a language seminar. As such, I will vote for Canadian English...eh?

Ah! a Post from the Forums champion off Topic merchant :wink:

• Haha 4

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just found out that my FEHB Blue Cross/Blue Shield pays in the Philippines.  It seems to be a well established setup. That's a great thing for my retirement.

Edited by baronapart
  • Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, baronapart said:

I just found out that my FEHB Blue Cross/Blue Shield pays in the Philippines

I had a friend with that (at least it sounds like the same plan) and he found out that it was not accepted in the hospitals he ended up in.  He did not consider that a problem as he could pay the bill and claim reimbursement.

The problem came at the end.  He was delirius and in hospital and unable to cash in his investments to pay the bill.  When he died, his heirs were reimbursed though.  It was a tough time for him.  However, it is great that the play actually does work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I had a friend with that (at least it sounds like the same plan) and he found out that it was not accepted in the hospitals he ended up in.  He did not consider that a problem as he could pay the bill and claim reimbursement.

The problem came at the end.  He was delirius and in hospital and unable to cash in his investments to pay the bill.  When he died, his heirs were reimbursed though.  It was a tough time for him.  However, it is great that the play actually does work.

Yes, you have to use their list. They have a management company for their overseas policy holders. You have to contact them first if you want them to pay at the time of service as happens here in the States. If not you are reimbursed after the fact. The list looks like good hospitals. Mostly in the Capital region and Cebu. But there are hospitals, doctors and dentists approved in other locations as well.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, baronapart said:

You have to contact them first if you want them to pay at the time of service as happens here in the States

Makes sense.  However, if it is an emergency and you are "out of it" and taken to whatever hospital is close, then you need a contingency plan.  I am sure it will work out well for you so long as you plan for the worst and hope for the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1