Trying to make sense of real estate for sale postings

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

I am not in the market for anything, but am curious about what is see when I pull up my local city's buy and sell postings for real estate and rentals.

The monthly rental asking prices are sometimes clearly stated in terms of amount and sometimes minimum duration. But when it comes to lots or houses for sale, there are pictures with often meaningless numbers ( e.g. " P123456789", "Free", "P5" , etc. ).

PM is the key :whistling:

• Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Sometimes I think  being poor (as I am...and the rellies know it) is so much less stressful here.  :biggrin:

Our shack and land are paid for too. How much they are worth now...don't know,  don't care.  

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

when it comes to lots or houses for sale, there are pictures with often meaningless numbers ( e.g. " P123", "Free", "P5" , etc. ).

They want to make sure their listings aren't excluded from searches with maximum prices set, so it wouldn't be 123456789 unless they aren't good at math.  Same reason a zero is often "accidentally" added to lot sqm sizes...

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'd be happy if they listed properties that are still for sale/rent and used actual photos not stock photos. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, RBM said:

I gave up long ago to try an make sense out of local listings. Wasted  many hours trying to buy a near new car, nobody as in nobody would ever reply even when listed a rush sell. Ended up just buying new.

I had some horrendous experiences when looking for lots and properties.  Not just in one area also. From Puerto Galera, El Nido and Boracay.  The sellers would literaly ignore everything I said.  I had a list of 5 requirements and highlighted in bold if there was any of the 5 missing just forget it.  I wasted days and a lot of money visiting places to find out at times there was only one requirement that matched. Not just slight miss matches either. From stating 8m peso max and arriving to find a 14m peso property, facing West to find it faces East, clean full title to find it's tax declared, 50m from the beach to find it's on the beach (illegal). I was even shown lots in mangroves that still had the Environmental Protected area signs up.

One main Real Estate agent that I had been dealing with for weeks and had arranged 5 viewings with never even sorted out a single viewing.  The properties were listed on their site, I had about a dozen emails back and forward stating I'll book a flight and hotel for 5 days so I can view them. On arrival I went to their office to find out they only had one property available for viewing and it wasn't 3.5m but 12m peso.  To say I was pissed off was an understatement, the only saving grace was I bought another on the spur of the moment via another realtor for a bargain price and it's pretty much paid for itself now. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I had some horrendous experiences when looking for lots and properties. 

When I was buying I sent my significant other in to ask some pertinent questions.  The first thing they said to her (according to what she told me) is:  "You've got a foreigner, haven't you"

Locals put up with whatever crap they have to in order to get a house, or so it seems sometimes.

• Like 5

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Put an apartment up for sale a few years back. Asking price was P24 mill. Some half brain sent sms asking would I accept P12 mill.  Suggested he hone his bargaining skills in the local palengke.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

meaningless numbers ( e.g. " P123456789", "Free", "P5" , etc. ).

Facebook listings require a price or listed as Free so people who dont want to tell you the price put in the 123.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1