Vaccine

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Of Course but the Operative word is When :wink:

That's true Jack but the WHO and AITA have been chewing on this one for sometime now and it's not going away

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, TerryP said:

That's true Jack but the WHO and AITA have been chewing on this one for sometime now and it's not going away

Yes Terry but until we can be certain that the news of today about this extended Year quarantine issue is proved True or False we must accept that the Philippines are not going to play along as we might Hope. I mean whenever have they taken notice of anything that the rest of the world wants? :89:  

Terry P
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes Terry but until we can be certain that the news of today about this extended Year quarantine issue is proved True or False we must accept that the Philippines are not going to play along as we might Hope. I mean whenever have they taken notice of anything that the rest of the world wants? :89:  

It's pure speculation but supposing the rest of the world approves a vaccine passport and the Philippines doesn't that's nothing short of suicide. Even their government can't be that dumb surely.

The quarantine speculation has come out of one of dutertes Muppet departments. Could it be a cry for help. Can we have more vaccine please and fast?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, TerryP said:

supposing the rest of the world approves a vaccine passport and the Philippines doesn't that's nothing short of suicide

Very True but at this time apart from the Vatican State the Philippines are THE only Country not to allow Divorces so not having or wanting the Vaccine Passport would be a Kin Yes? Stupid I know but.................... You can't even put a stamp on a letter and put in a mailbox:whatever:

Edited by Jack Peterson
small addition

Terry P
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Very True but at this time apart from the Vatican State the Philippines are THE only Country not to allow Divorces so not having or wanting the Vaccine Passport would be a Kin Yes? Stupid know but....................

Not allowing divorce is a total pain in the butt. However it's hardly likely to force the country into isolation from the rest of the world. I don't think even the Catholic church could influence the decision on vaccine passports

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, TerryP said:

I don't think even the Catholic church could influence the decision on vaccine passports

I would not hold your breath on that Terry, They influence just about everything else, The Longer I live here (and at 72+ I am not about to move on)The More I get to realise that we really are still in the 40/ 50's But they (the People) Like it, so the Flow will continue, Sad to Say but when you eventually Get to live here this will be become apparent on a daily basis. Not wanting to be negative but this is what newcomers have to learn, Patience is a Virtue but best you bring plenty of it and the cash to support your wait in line and hope that you can achieve your daily errand on that day.

On the immense Positive side of course, we are all here to  help those that need to know that even the Locals have to do it also, That long served saying of "Rome was not built in a day" we find ourselves saying "When in Rome", the Government here certainly believe in this but we can only hope that all will be well and He (they even) will Wake and realise the only way that (Without Big Borrowing) the country can get back on its feet is by opening the Country up and will   by Joining the rest of the World and doing what is right,

Here Endeth the Lesson. :whistling:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I would not hold your breath on that Terry, They influence just about everything else, The Longer I live here (and at 72+ I am not about to move on)The More I get to realise that we really are still in the 40/ 50's But they (the People) Like it, so the Flow will continue, Sad to Say but when you eventually Get to live here this will be become apparent on a daily basis. Not wanting to be negative but this is what newcomers have to learn, Patience is a Virtue but best you bring plenty of it and the cash to support your wait in line and hope that you can achieve your daily errand on that day.

On the immense Positive side of course, we are all here to  help those that need to know that even the Locals have to do it also, That long served saying of "Rome was not built in a day" we find ourselves saying "When in Rome", the Government here certainly believe in this but we can only hope that all will be well and He (they even) will Wake and realise the only way that (Without Big Borrowing) the country can get back on its feet is by opening the Country up and will   by Joining the rest of the World and doing what is right,

Here Endeth the Lesson. :whistling:

Not much to disagree with there, Jack.

The most disappointing thing is that it is unlikely to change much in our time for the simple reason the population in the main accept the situation and simply don't have the will to change things.   Are they happy with it - seems not but there is a degree of apathy and fait accompli about the way things work.  

That said, we can get by if we have an abundance of patience and low expectations about how successful we will be in crossing things off our to-do list.  

• Love it 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Not much to disagree with there, Jack.

The most disappointing thing is that it is unlikely to change much in our time for the simple reason the population in the main accept the situation and simply don't have the will to change things.   Are they happy with it - seems not but there is a degree of apathy and fait accompli about the way things work.  

That said, we can get by if we have an abundance of patience and low expectations about how successful we will be in crossing things off our to-do list.  

Just been announced here

We're getting another 4million doses before Christmas that's a step closer to ticking off something on the to do list here

After what Jack and HK have said my next to do list will not be pinned to the calendar 🙄🙄

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

A Little for you all to peruse,

**COVID-19: UK patient becomes first in world to receive Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine outside a clinical trial**

Full text;

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-patient-becomes-first-in-world-to-receive-pfizer-biontech-coronavirus-vaccine-outside-a-clinical-trial-12154354?fbclid=IwAR2Gyn4dJvLbvwEFAjI_7RGvYIoxnLYaCduk_BYYjwxnpuiK-2-WBfb5kEg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic