Vaccine

Terry P
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

That's well ahead of Australia's schedule, our pollies have announced a start next March (although I concede the situation in the UK is much more serious than in Australia which has very low numbers now).

It's going to be interesting to see what the rollout is going to be in Asia

The Oxford vaccine is already being mass produced in both Thailand and India in facilities practised already in manufacturing vaccines for the various other nasties that lurk in the region

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, TerryP said:

The cavalry is coming guys

I hope that General George Custer is not leading them.

• Haha 5

Terry P
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, jpbago said:

I hope that General George Custer is not leading them.

He's leading the Pfizer lot I believe

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I read today that QANTAS airlines CEO has stated publicly that after vaccines become available that QANTAS will be changing their terms of travel (at least for international flights) in such a way that having had a Covid vaccine will be required to fly.  And that he expects this to be something that is done around the world.  I can't say I'm surprised, it was a pretty obvious action to take.

That should be more than enough for the "one world government", "deep state", "end times", "sign of the beast", etc. groups to really ramp up the rhetoric.  :sad:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, TerryP said:

Mmm

Airline and tourism boost.

Vaccine vacation!!!

No different to years ago when I had vaccines to go to Thailand. Hep b Typhus Tetanus booster etc. Although my vaccinations were voluntary I see nothing wrong with requiring it to fly. Each to their own I guess.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I see nothing wrong with requiring it to fly.

Neither do I, Airlines are (with a few exceptions) private companies and private companies are expected to minimize the liability of the company to legal action by injured customers.  An airline that failed to take reasonable 'industry standard' action to ensure (as far as practicable) the safety of their passengers and staff could be at increased risk of litigation.  And failing to require vaccination (the yellow card system) could well be interpreted as such by courts down the track.

And it's not like they're saying "you have to take a vaccine", they're only saying "we won't sell you our product and/or service if you choose not to take one" (that's free market capitalism at work *shrug*).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I unfortunately can see some opposition to it in the UK if they try to make it compulsory.  I've been seeing a lot of selfish attitudes there especially in the last few years. I can see some throwing their toys out of the pram and Human Rights lawyers fighting it all the way.

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Neither do I, Airlines are (with a few exceptions) private companies and private companies are expected to minimize the liability of the company to legal action by injured customers.  An airline that failed to take reasonable 'industry standard' action to ensure (as far as practicable) the safety of their passengers and staff could be at increased risk of litigation.  And failing to require vaccination (the yellow card system) could well be interpreted as such by courts down the track.

And it's not like they're saying "you have to take a vaccine", they're only saying "we won't sell you our product and/or service if you choose not to take one" (that's free market capitalism at work *shrug*).

So you say passenger, who refuse to get vaccinated, can take the airline to court because he got infected during a flight? What about personal responsibility?

Edited by Explorer

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Explorer said:

So you say passenger, who refuse to get vaccinated, can take the airline to court because he got infected during a flight? What about personal responsibility?

In most jurisdictions chain of responsibility regulations would still hold an airline responsible for compensation irrespective of the passengers actions.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Explorer said:

who refuse to get vaccinated,

I believe what Old is saying is that an airline can refuse to let a non-vaccinated person board an aircraft. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic