Vaccine

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

It's begining to look more like the flu virus which isn't surprising as they are variants of corona virus.  Interesting times ahead if they introduce a vaccine passport.  I'll run out of pages in my passport.

All viruses are mutating, it is called "antigenic drift", these small drifts are not requiring new vaccines, but they accumulate over time and at certain point new formulation is required.

Edited by Explorer
  • Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jake said:

I will assume this mandate is for Filipinos travelling aboard?  What is the latest restriction for incoming travelers?  

That's correct Jake. For Filipino travellers only. There is no change for us foreigners so far. It's the first real indication from within government they are considering a "vaccine passport" of any kind. There's a mention of 6 countries pushing for the same including greece and Denmark. In a separate news item the EU commission are holding a debate today about introducing a Schengen wide travel pass.

Here in the UK the government have financed the development of a digital app with IProof as identity of personal vaccination progress which can be easily adapted to become a vaccine passport. 

This thing is gathering momentum

• Like 2

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Explorer said:

According to the proposal it will be used for -

International and domestic travel.

Local checkpoint and quarantine.

Opening of and access to some business establishments.

Public gatherings (churches?)

Personally I don't believe this will fly, but sometimes I am shaking my head reading here posters who are cheer leading for the "vaccine passport"... be careful what you wish for...

I will continue taking my vitamins (C,D, Zinc), maintain good physical condition instead of yearly injection of experimental substance, our bodies are designed to fight off viruses.

Of course our bodies are designed to combat viruses. Unfortunately viruses are designed to debilitate our bodies. That's why there's over 2 million of us dead and the whole world in total chaos.

Continue taking your Panacea to marginally help you resist the effects of viruses but please refrain from close contact with the vunerable you may be infected without knowing it and kill them

As to the passport I really don't care if it is big brother if that's what you are referring to. I've got nothing to hide. If you are thinking it's discrimination try getting into various parts of Africa without proof of yellow fever vaccination.

It's to protect you and your fellow travellers not to discriminate or conduct surveillance

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

You're in for a hard night then. 

Strange dream last night

Thought I was in a Tee pee

Explorer
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I think the jury is still out as to whether it's the vitamin D deficiency or the lifestyles of those with the deficiency.  Again many studies have claimed and counter claimed reasons and all can be credible if worded correctly.  I'm more into the belief that those that are deficient of vitamin D tend not to spend so much time outdoors and it could a sedentary lifestyle that plays a larger part. 

First rule of medicine "do no harm", I don't see any harm taking vitamins that have been around for years, contrast this with injecting new experimental vaccine that was fast tracked without any long term analysis, but to each his own... Here is another study from 2 weeks ago regarding vitamins C,D, Zinc and Covid, these are the highlights but you can read the entire study and draw your own conclusions.

a) Vitamin D is associated with both decreased rates of infection and improved outcomes for patients.
b) Vitamin C may shorten the course of the disease and decrease the severity of the symptoms.
c) Vitamin E, zinc and selenium are known to assist with recovery from viral infection, and may have efficacy in COVID-19.

Vitamin D is strongly linked to a range of COVID-19 risk factors. Vitamin D insufficiency is linked with advanced age, obesity, male sex, hypertension, concentration in northern climates, and coagulopathy, all of which are associated with poorer outcomes. With increased age, concentrations of active vitamin D decrease due to less sunlight exposure and reduced production of 7-DHC in the skin. This may also partly explain why the mortality rate of COVID-19 is higher in older adults.

Terry P
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Explorer said:

First rule of medicine "do no harm", I don't see any harm taking vitamins that have been around for years, contrast this with injecting new experimental vaccine that was fast tracked without any long term analysis, but to each his own... Here is another study from 2 weeks ago regarding vitamins C,D, Zinc and Covid, these are the highlights but you can read the entire study and draw your own conclusions.

a) Vitamin D is associated with both decreased rates of infection and improved outcomes for patients.
b) Vitamin C may shorten the course of the disease and decrease the severity of the symptoms.
c) Vitamin E, zinc and selenium are known to assist with recovery from viral infection, and may have efficacy in COVID-19.

Vitamin D is strongly linked to a range of COVID-19 risk factors. Vitamin D insufficiency is linked with advanced age, obesity, male sex, hypertension, concentration in northern climates, and coagulopathy, all of which are associated with poorer outcomes. With increased age, concentrations of active vitamin D decrease due to less sunlight exposure and reduced production of 7-DHC in the skin. This may also partly explain why the mortality rate of COVID-19 is higher in older adults.

The magazine item you have dug out I'll read in the morning

In the meantime can you present a reasonable alternative as to how we work our way out of this mess.

I don't think even you believe taking vitamins alone is going to cure the world.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Explorer said:

I've read a fair amount of the article but there was a lot of " could, may, possibly " used and also the little bit about a need for human trials. It's still early days yet and the scientists are still trying to pull together all the information.  Interestingly enough too good an immune system has been found to be a bad thing with Covid Sars 2 as it can lead to a cytokene storm and this has been proven.  There's been plenty of cases where healthy people and in some cases very healthy people have died of Covid. 

I'm pretty certain there are more factors involved than just diet. I had a talk with some of the members of a mountaineering club I was in and 6 of them work in the pharmaceutical industry producing new medicines.  They say it's a bit like detective work finding out what is the answer but things do lead down the genetics route.  They work on correlation and causation which is the tricky part due to lurking variables.

There's no harm in taking supplements if they are making you feel good but there has been thousands of poor and undernourished people that just get minor symptoms and many so called healthy people dying, many not deficient in any nutrients.  Not only that many people don't realise that you can get toxicity from too many supplements and some stop the body from absorbing others. Here's a handy link. https://www.mdlinx.com/article/dangerous-duos-5-supplement-combos-to-avoid/4clJmVB8yYuNCZjX1sjB2K

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted

Read an article recently that antivaccine protesters have conducted their own trials using saline solution. Results returned 100% efficacy towards covid 19 of all variants.

After further research it was discovered that the trials were conducted on a remote island with no previous recorded cases

Sorry I just made that one up

• Haha 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TerryP said:

Read an article recently that antivaccine protesters have conducted their own trials using saline solution. Results returned 100% efficacy towards covid 19 of all variants.

After further research it was discovered that the trials were conducted on a remote island with no previous recorded cases

Sorry I just made that one up

That sounds similar to when I lived in Puerto Galera.  The LGU kept bragging about how for a few months Puerto Galera was covid free, proving their restrictions were working.  Nothing to do with the fact no one was tested of course. 

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 3

Terry P
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

That sounds similar to when I lived in Puerto Galera.  The LGU kept bragging about how for a few months Puerto Galera was covid free, proving their restrictions were working.  Nothing to do with the fact no one was tested of course. 

I believe that's where they conducted the saline test

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic