Vaccine

Terry P
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Explorer said:

First rule of medicine "do no harm", I don't see any harm taking vitamins that have been around for years, contrast this with injecting new experimental vaccine that was fast tracked without any long term analysis, but to each his own... Here is another study from 2 weeks ago regarding vitamins C,D, Zinc and Covid, these are the highlights but you can read the entire study and draw your own conclusions.

a) Vitamin D is associated with both decreased rates of infection and improved outcomes for patients.
b) Vitamin C may shorten the course of the disease and decrease the severity of the symptoms.
c) Vitamin E, zinc and selenium are known to assist with recovery from viral infection, and may have efficacy in COVID-19.

Vitamin D is strongly linked to a range of COVID-19 risk factors. Vitamin D insufficiency is linked with advanced age, obesity, male sex, hypertension, concentration in northern climates, and coagulopathy, all of which are associated with poorer outcomes. With increased age, concentrations of active vitamin D decrease due to less sunlight exposure and reduced production of 7-DHC in the skin. This may also partly explain why the mortality rate of COVID-19 is higher in older adults.

Don't think I need to add to snowys answer on the maturitas article

As to the pace at which these vaccines have been developed and their safety

The platforms for these vaccines had already been developed and approved

To arrive at an effective vaccine involved global collaboration rather than the usual secretive development by individual labs

After arriving at a lab proven vaccine moving on to trials and approval. A system of overlapping stage trials was approved and adopted to avoid trial interruption. Regulators received data as it became available rather than deliberating over full results at the conclusion of each stage. Readily available participants in the general population because the virus is already there in large numbers meant no need for targeted infections

Add to that the open cheque books of governments of many countries and no small contribution via philanthropy the financial risk and limited funding was removed. The biggest reason for slow vaccine development

These vaccines have been developed tested and then approved by independent regulating bodies worldwide including ICMRA, WHO, EMA (Europe), FDA (USA), MHRA (UK) to mention a few

No need to qualify what's said with magazine items a couple of clicks on Google will confirm it in the press and in medical journals

I would imagine many on here are already aware of all this

Sorry for labouring the subject

• Like 2

Terry P
Posted
Posted

Just read a news item

Unilab and Faberco Signed an agreement to make covovax available to workers and employees of the private sector. GREAT NEWS!!

Subject to the approval of:-

1) National taskforce against COVID 19

2) Department of health

3) Emergency use application to the Philippines vaccine expert panel

4) Philippines food and drug administration NOT SO GREAT NEWS!!

According to Unilab "this initiative is not for a business purpose but to help the country secure more vaccine allocation with the condition that they may be made available at no extra cost to employees"

CRYSTAL CLEAR NOW

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I heard a rumor that the different countries were going to team up and make one universal vaccine.  The companies involved are PHizer, SinovAC, and Uni-AstraZeneca.  It will be appropriately named PH-AC-U, exept in Canada where it will be PH-AC-U-A?

• Haha 3

Terry P
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I heard a rumor that the different countries were going to team up and make one universal vaccine.  The companies involved are PHizer, SinovAC, and Uni-AstraZeneca.  It will be appropriately named PH-AC-U, exept in Canada where it will be PH-AC-U-A?

Nah Got that one wrong Dave

Only the two

Pfizer and sinovac

Phiz ov

• Haha 2

Yeochief
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 1/22/2021 at 2:36 AM, TerryP said:

That's correct Jake. For Filipino travellers only. There is no change for us foreigners so far.

https://www.facebook.com/immigration.helpline.ph/photos/a.347429052278683/1360358947652350/?__cft__[0]=AZX6bLgmXbC84D_NByK-bhDFr7Sy0GdBVv4RsiAGyI7Hk1wnO-8gHwb5O6m0qVoKt3yZcTCbZP1sffB07Zj7_fcHX0eD0ytnnSeDYPpdYtWS530tcZoy1f8Hu3FJPv3vwGfIEPgerrOKTJU8ubsZ-OpQEPXSSk6g91QREtiYM5AZo9rIssjDdeeKwNGg_UW9m_v4Rd2jG0tHsV2gDmuaKH5o&__tn__=EH-y-R

22 January 2021
PRESS RELEASE
Diplomats, Spouse and children of Pinoys
from 35 restricted countries now allowed entry
MANILA, Philippines—The Bureau of Immigration announced that they will be implementing the resolution of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) on allowing certain classes of foreign nationals with valid visas effective immediately.
BI Commissioner Jaime Morente stated that they received a copy of IATF resolution No. 95 allowing the entry of accredited foreign diplomats, personnel of accredited international organizations such as the World Health Organization and the United Nations, and foreign dignitaries despite coming from, or have a travel history within the last 14 days from any of the 35 countries with travel restrictions due to Covid-19.

Also allowed in the latest resolution are the spouse and minor children of Filipinos.

However, Morente stressed that the arriving spouse and minor children of Filipinos should be traveling with them and should apply for an entry visa before coming to the Philippines.
“Spouse and minor children of Filipinos traveling with them who are not in possession of valid entry visas issued by our foreign posts abroad will not be allowed entry,” said Morente. The resolution states that they will be subject to the same testing and quarantine protocols applicable to Filipinos.
Morente also clarified that dual citizens holding both a Philippine and foreign citizenship will be allowed entry upon presentation of a valid Philippine passport, or their certificate of citizenship.
According to the BI, a certificate of citizenship could mean either an Identification Certificate or a certificate of reacquisition/retention of Philippine Citizenship under RA 9225.
Edited by Yeochief

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 1/21/2021 at 9:42 PM, Snowy79 said:

I'm pretty certain there are more factors involved than just diet. I had a talk with some of the members of a mountaineering club I was in and 6 of them work in the pharmaceutical industry producing new medicines.  They say it's a bit like detective work finding out what is the answer but things do lead down the genetics route.  They work on correlation and causation which is the tricky part due to lurking variables.

There's no harm in taking supplements if they are making you feel good but there has been thousands of poor and undernourished people that just get minor symptoms and many so called healthy people dying, many not deficient in any nutrients.  Not only that many people don't realise that you can get toxicity from too many supplements and some stop the body from absorbing others. Here's a handy link. https://www.mdlinx.com/article/dangerous-duos-5-supplement-combos-to-avoid/4clJmVB8yYuNCZjX1sjB2K

We can go on and on and cite study after study for and against, here another study from the same website that you used against, now this study is in favor vitamin D... https://www.mdlinx.com/news/vitamin-d-deficiency-increased-risk-of-covid-in-health-care-workers-new-study-shows/1yR6OHT82r7qKl7gpVMcYE

But why bother? I will just do what is working for me and what my gut feeling is telling me - healthy lifestyle, no prescription medicine, no yearly vaccines, taking supplements, Ivermectin if necessary.

These new mRNA vaccines never tested long term, If you take the jab you're a beta tester for a new paradigm of vaccination never before used, and one which, if it goes wrong, you're stuck with like it or not. But take it knowing that there are alternatives - specifically, that anti-inflammatories greatly reduce the risk of mortality if you get the bug, that Ivermectin drug appears to be active as both a preventative and a treatment and also greatly reduces the risk of a bad outcome, and that Vitamin D deficiency, which is trivially corrected, is a zero-risk way to also mitigate the chance of a bad outcome.  None of these are panaceas and none are guarantees but there are no guarantees in life.

Edited by Explorer

Terry P
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Explorer said:

We can go on and on and cite study after study for and against, here another study from the same website that you used against, now this study is in favor vitamin D... https://www.mdlinx.com/news/vitamin-d-deficiency-increased-risk-of-covid-in-health-care-workers-new-study-shows/1yR6OHT82r7qKl7gpVMcYE

But why bother? I will just do what is working for me and what my gut feeling is telling me - healthy lifestyle, no prescription medicine, no yearly vaccines, taking supplements, Ivermectin if necessary.

These new mRNA vaccines never tested long term, If you take the jab you're a beta tester for a new paradigm of vaccination never before used, and one which, if it goes wrong, you're stuck with like it or not. But take it knowing that there are alternatives - specifically, that anti-inflammatories greatly reduce the risk of mortality if you get the bug, that Ivermectin drug appears to be active as both a preventative and a treatment and also greatly reduces the risk of a bad outcome, and that Vitamin D deficiency, which is trivially corrected, is a zero-risk way to also mitigate the chance of a bad outcome.  None of these are panaceas and none are guarantees but there are no guarantees in life.

EUA involved extensive risk and benefit studies before approval

We are where we are. Worldwide scientific authority is stating that what is being done is the correct way to go you feel it is not correct that's your prerogative.

I trust that should a vaccine passport be introduced you would have no objection should any travel plans you have becoming difficult

See you on the other side when vast numbers have been vaccinated and the world opens up again.

I just hope there's not many of your opinion to hamper progress.

Excuse me but that's my opinion

• Like 3

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Everyone has there opinion about getting the vaccine.  Just like the flu vaccine, people still get it.  The vaccine is only 95%, if you believe the experts.  So if you are lucky 5 out of 100 will still get COVID 19.  Can you still get COVID 19 once you had the vaccine and not show any signs and pass it onto others?  My thoughts is that if you get the vaccine, you are a human lab rat.  New normal is wearing mask and face shields when in public.

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Yeochief said:

Everyone has there opinion about getting the vaccine.  Just like the flu vaccine, people still get it.  The vaccine is only 95%, if you believe the experts.  So if you are lucky 5 out of 100 will still get COVID 19.  Can you still get COVID 19 once you had the vaccine and not show any signs and pass it onto others?  My thoughts is that if you get the vaccine, you are a human lab rat.  New normal is wearing mask and face shields when in public.

2 million families and counting with a loved one in the graveyard would probably disagree with you along with the millions more suffering long term

Of course you're entitled to your opinion give it to them

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Only 95% effective?

If you're lucky 5 out of 100 - shouldn't that be if you're unlucky?

We do not know as much as we'd like about the vaccines due to the warp speed that they were developed but surely the alternative is worse?  I don't want to be wearing a mask and visor for the rest of my life and without a vaccine that's where we'd be at.  That said, if we don't get things under control my life may not be as long as I'd like!

As Terry says, and obviously, everyone is entitled to their opinion on the vaccine but I struggle to understand the people who oppose it on the basis of we don't know enough when what we do know is positive.  

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic