Vaccine

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 11/25/2020 at 7:20 PM, TerryP said:

Cup half empty HK

there has to be a devil's advocate I suppose but after what seems to be an eternity of not seeing an end do you not think it's time for even a little optimism instead of searching for the negative in this situation

So what if the decision makers there decide they are going to have a slice of the pie let's just celebrate theres a way forward

No half-empty cup here, Terry. You have totally missed my point - you made a statement about how the vaccine system will work here in the Philippines - it turns out that it wasn't based on any information, simply an assumption. I again say it's never wise to make assumptions about how things will work.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Explorer said:

According to arriving passengers study done by McMaster University in Toronto international airport, 99% of study participants tested negative for COVID-19 with 1% testing positive.

• Breakdown of positive cases by test period:

- 0.7% detected on arrival (61 divided by 8644)

- 0.3% detected on day 7 (23 divided by 6620)

- <0.1% detected on day 14 (5 divided by 5517)

With over 99% survival rate, draw your own conclusions... 

https://www.mcmasterhealthlabs.ca/pdf/MHL Border Study Backgrounder.pdf

The survival rate and the actual risk factor doesn't matter from a legal 'risk mitigation' perspective if (and when) someone actually gets sick or dies.

At that point the only real determining factor in whether compensation is claimable or not is whether the persons involved in the supply chain for the product or service had any practicable means of reducing that risk and if so whether they'd implemented it or not.

You might not agree with that... but it's how the courts (at least here) work (and thats why the QANTAS CEO made the comments he did).

Terry P
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

No half-empty cup here, Terry. You have totally missed my point - you made a statement about how the vaccine system will work here in the Philippines - it turns out that it wasn't based on any information, simply an assumption. I again say it's never wise to make assumptions about how things will work.

Point taken HK That second line while not based on actual fact is it really a baseless assumption when members of the AITA are collaborating to develop a vaccine passport app. Can't see that as being some geek's weekend hobby. Besides there is already a "vaccine passport" in place for yellow fever and various other little nasties.

Perhaps even published so called facts should be viewed with scepticism with the latest revelation about Astra Zenecas vaccine.

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
On 11/25/2020 at 6:34 PM, Jack Peterson said:

Ah! the 6000 $ question methinks as I said

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/13335607/vaccine-stamps-passport-travel-holidays/ Seems the vaccine passport has raised it's head, But as I said before will it be accepted here?

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/13335607/vaccine-stamps-passport-travel-holidays/ Seems the vaccine passport has raised it's head, But as I said before will it be accepted here?

I have my doubts about that also, it might be after some time has passed but I don't expect changes quickly (if at all).

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Not too sure where to put this but as the Topic has spread to Travel;

MANILA - Philippine Airlines on Tuesday said it will mount nonstop flights to international destinations as the country begins to allow overseas Filipinos and their families to visit the Philippines again this month. 

PAL said it welcomed the government's move to allow the visa-free entry of 'Balikbayans', effective Dec. 7. The visa-free privilege also applies to foreign spouses and children of Filipino nationals, provided they travel with the Filipino nationals. 

https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/12/01/20/list-pal-mounting-nonstop-international-flights-for-balikbayans-starting-december?fbclid=IwAR0ejRdiNMscFPBdEpq7efP8_nqXF7lG4J6jQFAz2HMW0VqRelJdUuEbyyo

Hope that maybe a few here can avail of this

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Hope that maybe a few here can avail of this

I hope so too Jack. :thumbsup:

We have several members stuck in their homeland wanting to unite with their wife or fiancee.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I hope so too Jack. :thumbsup:

We have several members stuck in their homeland wanting to unite with their wife or fiancee.

Yes so I understand but once again, it says very little about the single Expat although I have read that this is being looked into :89:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

provided they travel with the Filipino nationals.

Thats the key phrase 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, scott h said:

Thats the key phrase 

Unfortunately yes but surely it can't go on Forever, Can It?

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic