Thanksgiving – A Time for Remembering All that We Have Gone Through this Past Year

Philippine Paul
Posted
Posted
Yesterday, I was thinking of what I could say that would sound meaningful on this special day of the year, only to reflect back as to what many of us have gone through, with the passing of loved ones and friends.

However, I then got to be thinking of all of Veterans that are residing here in the Philippines and, the personal ordeals that we went through, realizing that we have it much better than our fellow Americans back in the U.S. with numerous restrictions and insurmountable numbers of people passing away due to the Coronavirus.

At least (in my personal opinion), we haven’t been overly affected by the Coronavirus here (other than personal setbacks as to the liberties that we take for granted when in the U.S.), aren’t always the same for us that reside here but, we all seem to remain strong and vigilant for whatever may come our way, obeying the rules and regulations of those Philippine Government Leaders, that have proclaimed what they believed was the best avenue to take during this Pandemic Year.

So, my personal thoughts to all of you, is to please enjoy this special Thanksgiving with family and friends here in the Philippines and, continue to pray for all of those that are back in the U.S. and, the numerous medical issues that they are facing there.

Today, (as in previous years), my immediate family will be hosting our Annual Thanksgiving Day Get-Together at a beach resort at the end of our street (using Social Distancing), with numerous Veterans and Expats that will be attending as well in the Ozamiz City Area. Everyone is being asked to bring a “Covered Dish” that they can share with everyone else, their own refreshments and, their own chairs. Just prior to our sitting down for this meal, I have prepared a prayer for all that The Good Lord has bestowed upon us during this past year and, we can only Praise God, that we are still healthy and alive today.

May you, your family members, friends and, loved ones, have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Day!

FB_IMG_1480002037918.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love it 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Bless us, every one!

It could be worse. There are parallel universes in which there are many red or black items hanging from windows- red for a plague-infected person within, and black for a dead victim within.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 2