Balikbayan Changes (11-27-2020)

Shol
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not a lot of specifics but I guess this is good?

The immigration website as usual is broken so some initial thoughts

1.  Does this mean the Balikbayan stamp is back?  It said regardless of who you are travelling with so can it just be the spouse? No stamp then I would assume?
2.  If #1 is indeed back, then how would you even get on a plane since most of these airlines won't be updated so without an actual "visa" you would be denied at the airport of departure lol. Marriage cert, older bb visa ?

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1365467/welcome-back-filipinos-foreign-spouses-children-balikbayans-may-enter-ph-by-dec-7

Any thoughts ore more info any you smart folks have would be great :)

Edited by Shol

• Shol changed the title to Balikbayan Changes (11-27-2020)
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Shol said:

The immigration website as usual is broken so some initial thoughts

They announced that their website and all goverment websites will be down for maintenance but you probably would not find the answer there anyway. Up to date info is often placed on their Facebook page.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Shol said:

.  Does this mean the Balikbayan stamp is back?  It said regardless of who you are travelling with so can it just be the spouse? No stamp then I would assume?

This article states spouse traveling with a Filipino.

The IATF-EID Resolution No. 85, signed on Nov. 27, provides that starting Dec. 7, Filipino citizens’ foreign spouses and their children, as well as former Filipino citizens, including their spouses and children, who are travelling with them, will be allowed entry into the country regardless of age. 

They will be allowed visa-free entry under Executive Order No. 408, s. 1960. 

https://mb.com.ph/2020/11/27/dot-welcomes-iatf-decision-to-allow-balikbayans-to-return-from-abroad/

4 hours ago, Shol said:

If #1 is indeed back, then how would you even get on a plane since most of these airlines won't be updated so without an actual "visa" you would be denied at the airport of departure lol. Marriage cert, older bb visa ?

Best to have a copy of the order with you incase they dont know but probably be a clarification on the whole thing in a few days. 

• Like 3

Shol
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This article states spouse traveling with a Filipino.

https://mb.com.ph/2020/11/27/dot-welcomes-iatf-decision-to-allow-balikbayans-to-return-from-abroad/

Best to have a copy of the order with you incase they dont know but probably be a clarification on the whole thing in a few days. 

No doubt thanks.  Hopefully my 13A will be approved by then anyway.   Didn't see anything related on their facebook page yet either; unless it's buried in the mess of the other nonsense :)

Appreciate the interaction.

Take care.

Zbundoks
Posted
Posted

KC813
Posted
Posted
On 11/26/2020 at 9:30 PM, Shol said:

1.  Does this mean the Balikbayan stamp is back?  It said regardless of who you are traveling with so can it just be the spouse? No stamp then I would assume?
2.  If #1 is indeed back, then how would you even get on a plane since most of these airlines won't be updated so without an actual "visa" you would be denied at the airport of departure lol. Marriage cert, older bb visa ?

Since this is re-allowing 'visa free' entry, it does seem to be reimplementing the prior Balikbayan rules starting 7 December.

Nearly all airlines very strictly rely on Timatic to verify if a traveler has the correct documents to enter a destination country.   As of now, Timatic has not been updated with this new change but I'm sure it will be soon!

Terry P
Posted
Posted

Well guys

Seems like a bit of good news at last for those of us stranded abroad

A few hoops to jump through but a step in the right direction. You guys in the Philippines probably are better informed but it does appear a little more positive

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, TerryP said:

Well guys

Seems like a bit of good news at last for those of us stranded abroad

A few hoops to jump through but a step in the right direction. You guys in the Philippines probably are better informed but it does appear a little more positive

That would be married spouses? 

Not DeFacto or engaged fiancee I assume?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

That would be married spouses? 

Not DeFacto or engaged fiancee I assume?

Married spouses only Geoff

• Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, TerryP said:

Married spouses only Geoff

Dependent on Visa Status I would imagine?

• Like 2