Methods For A Foreigner To Enter The Philippines, Effective December 7th, 2020

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

That question has been asked a few times and I don't think anyone has gotten a straight answer...

It seems like someone here was approaching that situation??????  I will look at the BI Facebook later and see if anyone has recently asked about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So does this mean that all the expats on a tourist visa, who have reached the 3 year mark and have no wife, will have to leave and not be allowed back in?

There has been two recent examples where tourists who had reached the 3yr point applied for an extension under special circumstances.  If I remember correctly they used an attorney and it worked out at about 40k peso for a 2 month extension.  Maybe long enough to get married but seems excessive for a two month extension. 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

6.  Foreigners (and related children) travelling with Filipino spouse - Allowed to enter with Balikbayan privilege.  1 year stay.

Filipino, or former Filipino, spouse.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So does this mean that all the expats on a tourist visa, who have reached the 3 year mark and have no wife, will have to leave and not be allowed back in?

I would say thats correct at this time as they are just considered a tourist. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

No.  I have no wife but I am the father of a Filipino child (minor) so I will have to leave the Philippines when my time is up but I can return under the present rules.

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Eddie1 said:

No.  I have no wife but I am the father of a Filipino child (minor) so I will have to leave the Philippines when my time is up but I can return under the present rules.

I see why you corrected me on that one item about home country.  Where will you get a 9A to come back in, if it comes to that?  Embassy in a SE Asian country when you make a visa run?

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I see why you corrected me on that one item about home country.  Where will you get a 9A to come back in, if it comes to that?  Embassy in a SE Asian country when you make a visa run?

Not really sure yet Don. I was lucky enough to be awarded an extra 6 months which of course will take me to 3.5 years here on a Tourist Visa.  I will just consider my options nearer the time. Hopefully by then things will loosen a little.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Not really sure yet Don. I was lucky enough to be awarded an extra 6 months which of course will take me to 3.5 years here on a Tourist Visa.  I will just consider my options nearer the time. Hopefully by then things will loosen a little.

That's great!  A bit of breathing room!

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

That's great!  A bit of breathing room!

Actually the UK has announced today that vaccinations will commence next week so by mid summer it might just make sense to head back to the UK and see what is on offer.  I reckon we will all need a Vaccine Certificate eventually just to get on a plane. 

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Actually the UK has announced today that vaccinations will commence next week so by mid summer it might just make sense to head back to the UK and see what is on offer.  I reckon we will all need a Vaccine Certificate eventually just to get on a plane. 

I also read something today that said that U.S. Veterans in the Philippines may be able to get a vaccine fairly soon.  The VA has already purchase the equipment to transport the vaccine.

• Like 2