Methods For A Foreigner To Enter The Philippines, Effective December 7th, 2020

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Heeb said:

I wonder though if you need to get a visa first before you leave since travel without a visa is suspended, the Balikbayan is only issued at immigration upon arrival. Since he already has a 9a it's moot but what if you don't have one.

I can't think of why you would need a visa to leave.  The 9A is about entering.  Maybe an ECC to leave, but otherwise everything is driven by the destination country rules.  Unless I am missing something.

• Like 2

DaveB
Posted
Posted

By the way...there's some mention earlier in this thread that the Balikbayan stamp might be available again.  If so, I have an option: continue to enter via my multiple re-entry 9A, or get the Balikbayan stamp.  If the 13A gets submitted, I'm a few months away from ever getting it finalized.  So if I'm on the 9A visa, I have to go through an $80 renewal fiasco before day 59 - each "entry" is only good for 60 days.  If I understand the Balikbayan stamp, I'm good for a year.  Seems like that is the better way to go.  Any comments?

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, DaveB said:

Any comments?

Yeah mate, spot on, 12 months to get all your paperwork in order and as I've been reading, DO NOT use a photocopy of any of your paperwork without getting it notarized, the signature from the original paperwork is not good enough on a photocopy. They will give you the run around if your paperwork is not spot on. Contrary to what people write, they aren't mugs, just follow what is written concerning the application. Enjoy :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

All of the pedantry and issues mentioned above, and in another poster's wedding woes, underline again the point - if you can do it anywhere else it's preferable to doing it here. Much of the philosophy here is based on the kick the can down the road principle. 

• Like 2

Shol
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, DaveB said:

I'm still working the 13A.  Finally got my NBI background certificate and went right to BI...and the person who does the review/interview was gone.  That was last Monday.  Come back Wednesday.  Went back Wednesday and got tht issues for the new guys coming along behind me.  You old timers won't hear anything you don't know.  But I had told some folks I'd be the guinea pig and try to help set expectations.  I'm not in Kansas anymore.

Good luck hope it works for you. I have waited now just over a month and no approval for implementation just yet.   I agree though it's a toss up on who you talk too and what you will be told as you can tell by my post in October.

Keep checking that darn BI approval website and it's either down or rarely updated.

Oh well take care.

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

(I am just waiting for my NBI Clearance Cert for my 13A processing too...and on 9As, following the expiry of my last Balikbayan.)

Just a thought:

When you return from the U.S. ...presumably within 6 months of departing from the Phils, won't you go back to needing 'police clearance' from your own country, rather than the NBI clearance...the need for which doesn't supposedly kick in until you've been in the Phils for 6 months ?  :89:

Oh, and when you do return to the Phils (with your wife), I'd definitely ask for a Balikbayan stamp...regardless of any other tourist visas you may hold. Remember to have your original marriage cert to hand though.

Edited by graham59

DaveB
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, graham59 said:

(I am just waiting for my NBI Clearance Cert for my 13A processing too...and on 9As, following the expiry of my last Balikbayan.)

Just a thought:

When you return from the U.S. ...presumably within 6 months of departing from the Phils, won't you go back to needing 'police clearance' from your own country, rather than the NBI clearance...the need for which doesn't supposedly kick in until you've been in the Phils for 6 months ?  :89:

Oh, and when you do return to the Phils (with your wife), I'd definitely ask for a Balikbayan stamp...regardless of any other tourist visas you may hold. Remember to have your original marriage cert to hand though.

Well, you do bring up something...but I may be OK.  Originally I was reading their requirement for the BI and noting that it says "6 months from first entry" into the country.  Since I entered (this time) on Oct 5, and was working this the first time on Oct 28th, didn't think I needed a BI.  But it turned out, "first entry" means the first time you were ever here.  For me that meant, February, 1987.  So I had to get the BI.  One of those little details that don't jump out at you the way things are written.  

With that in mind, I think my BI will still be good if I'm not successful in submitting my 13a application on Monday...but you bring up a good point: perhaps reentering triggers a new BI.  If I still have some problem, and have to plan on submitting when I get back in January, I'll thank you for setting me up to ask a question that would not have occurred to me.  And if I need a new BI...oh well.  Why not?

graham59
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, DaveB said:

perhaps reentering triggers a new BI

Yes, this is what I was wondering...and find confusing. 

Perhaps others who have been through the (Phils applied-for process) can comment.

Anyway, good luck, and happy Stateside Christmas to you both.   :thumbsup: