The roasted chicken conversation

Terry P
Posted
Posted

Nico is no2 son working in Norway. Kent is No1 son running the business at home

Nico likes to keep me informed about what's going on

N:- Kent is planning to sell roasted chickens. His sister in law has a booming roasted chicken. They are now branching out

Me:- wow!! KFC look out

N:- People are flocking

Me:- What? Even now

N:- people are rushing to buy

Me:- I thought people had no money

N:- It's in the media. People has a lot of money there

Me:- Where??

N:- in the Philippines. The government give cash assistance every month. Every time it arrive people are buying a lot

Me:- So why did we set up the kitchen in kabankalan for the kids?

N:- It's for charity, just to feed or for fun. Sometimes it's good to help and make the world a better place

Me:- I think I understand now. They get cash from the government and blow it on roast chicken

N:- Yeah, blow it one day and live poor for a month

Me:- Madness!!!! Total madness!!!!

N:- Filipinos love to spend, only OFW love to save money. We work outside and Filipinos love to spend it. That's reality

Me:- I'm laughing. Just as well you have your mum to keep you straight

N:- Why?

I scratched my head and opened a beer

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I gotta say, our fav roasted chicken is Chooks to Go!  If you can do better than that, you can rake in all that government money!

• Like 2

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I gotta say, our fav roasted chicken is Chooks to Go!  If you can do better than that, you can rake in all that government money!

I hope they all don't get paid the same day. Didn't ask. He'd done my head in by then

graham59
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yep...we've a branch in our local small town down the road. Delicious, and around p120 for a half chicken.  :smile:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I like it a lot but for me Ramboy's is best

Shady
Posted
Posted

I've only found two roasted chicken places where you can actually taste chicken and not just all that marinade/injections: Kenny Rogers Roasters and Rustan's. I prefer native chicken except the part about paying double for half the meat.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

L and I prefer either the local roasted chooks on a spit that we can find at some street vendors or Uling Roasters. Personally, we find Chooks to Go to be too sweet with the coating.... Unusual, I know, for a local to find something too sweet. But then...she is a sweet lady already!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

L and I prefer either the local roasted chooks on a spit that we can find at some street vendors or Uling Roasters. Personally, we find Chooks to Go to be too sweet with the coating.... Unusual, I know, for a local to find something too sweet. But then...she is a sweet lady already!

I'm not a fan of the spit-roasted chickens - so I give Uling Roasters a miss and prefer the store next door, Chooks-to-go.  They are the same chickens as I believe they are the same company. Strangely, I like Ramboy's best yet it is also spit-roasted. 

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 12/1/2020 at 2:54 PM, OnMyWay said:

I gotta say, our fav roasted chicken is Chooks to Go!

Although we do like Chooks to Go, I must say too many times the chicken we get seems a little dry and over cooked.  Of course that may be an issue with the local vendor.  Seems we prefer Andok's.  The flavor is great and the chicken always juicy/moist.  :tiphat:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Although we do like Chooks to Go, I must say too many times the chicken we get seems a little dry and over cooked.  Of course that may be an issue with the local vendor.  Seems we prefer Andok's.  The flavor is great and the chicken always juicy/moist.  :tiphat:

We used to go to Andoks a lot.  They built a brand new one in the Freeport in about 2013.  Had a great air con upstairs dining room that the kids could run around in.  Closed last year.  I drove by another big one in Olongapo today.  Closed down.