The roasted chicken conversation

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, RBM said:

What I mean Tommy is to buy some Rhode Island hens from a free range chicken farm near by. Say begin with a couple of roosters and some hens for breeding.

That sounds like a good low cost way to start a business!  I had no idea that they give away range chickens!

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

On 12/3/2020 at 6:45 AM, jpbago said:

They cook chicken and pork at the same time in the same small oven and it sits there in the oven until sold. It should be called Chork to Go. Looks like chicken tastes like pork. Close your eyes and smell it. My nephew worked at one.

22 hours ago, hk blues said:

Not in our one they don't - they don't sell pork! As for sitting around in the oven until sold - I wish; the problem with ours is they are so busy we have to wait for a fresh batch most of the time.

I believe they are franchised so each location will vary a lot depending on the owner. 

Perhaps this is where the confusion comes from.

46249_original.jpg

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

When I was in the Philippines, ten months ago, a trip to the Hypermarket was our once a week ritual to stock up on the groceries, I could never fathom why they never sold frozen chickens, even in the local markets it was the same, no frozen chickens.

There was all this meat out in the open, in the markets with flies swarming all over it, I don't get it.

And the pork, on a Saturday morning being awoken by the pig being bound in the neighbours front yard awaiting to be butchered, and the pig knowing its fate was not too pleased about it.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

even in the local markets it was the same, no frozen chickens.

In the local market of Sibulan, they had frozen chickens.  You could buy them that way, right out of the freezer, but the preferred method was that the vendor would thaw them, chop 'em up, and sell them out in the open with the flies swarming all over them as soon as they thawed.  On the bright side, we learned to buy the chicken that was recently un-thawed as that cooked up pretty good.

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 12/4/2020 at 8:41 AM, OnMyWay said:

That sounds like a good low cost way to start a business!  I had no idea that they give away range chickens!

No free chickens in Philippines, one must pay and no its not a business. Just, if successful a way to raise a few free range chickens which will provide us and the carer with meat, of course I will pick up the feed tab.....

There is an area about an hours drive from here where they breed and sell these birds, time will tell.