Ho Ho Ho merry Christmas

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Yes it’s that time of year where most over spend on gifts that people don’t like or even wanted , it’s not got the right brand name and so on.

As we are not there this year and we have not sent a balikbayan box either  it’s what do we send , I noticed the last few times sending food over there  that the biscuits just went sort of damp , the chocolates melted , the cloths that got sent did not fit or was not right for them, the best things seemed to be perfume / aftershave , toiletries but alas they won’t get these either .

Just my view is now everyone seems to be growing up and now many of the so called kids are in there early twenties, some do some sort of work and some still go to college when it suits them so do we still send a gift of cash to these nieces and nephews, the younger kids yes they will receive a gift plus the father in law too .

Just wondering if any folk who live overseas with there Filipina partner sends gifts/cash over at Christmas times 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

When we lived in the US we would send cash to my wife's mother with instructions on who got how much.  The extended family was fairly large with lots of nieces and nephews so that was the most efficient way to get it done.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I'm going to send SWMBO (in CDO) and her tita in Ozamiz some cash and they can use it to help the poorer family members with some food for Christmas.

I'll work out something for SWMBO herself closer to christmas (can't rush the Christmas shopping) :whistling:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I encourage my Filipina partner to go to work, pay our bills here, then whatever is left she can send to her family at Christmas. :feetontable_anim:

Now that’s a thought.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

I think this year has brought it's own problems for families here in UK.

Our usual box of goodies, that most people send home, hasn't been sent because of the lockdowns here, it's likely a money transfer this year to a trusted family member will be distributed to our In-Laws.

With the recent weather and destruction in Philippines, we, together with friends have managed to send one box and some financial help to a Charity base.

Some sad stories of those in real need, really does tug at the heart strings....."there but for the grace of God go I" 

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank goodness I can use my atheism as a good excuse to cover my normal kuripottedness.  :unsure:

I have put up some of those stupid little lights on the outside of the house though, to keep the Mrs sweet. :rolleyes:

Xmas Twat.jpg

Edited by graham59
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Thank goodness I can use my atheism as a good excuse to cover my normal kuripottedness.  :unsure:

I have put up some of those stupid little lights on the outside of the house though, to keep the Mrs sweet. :rolleyes:

Xmas Twat.jpg

Is that your extension, I thought it was only going to be single story and small too.

• Like 1