Ho Ho Ho merry Christmas

stevewool
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

I think this year has brought it's own problems for families here in UK.

Our usual box of goodies, that most people send home, hasn't been sent because of the lockdowns here, it's likely a money transfer this year to a trusted family member will be distributed to our In-Laws.

With the recent weather and destruction in Philippines, we, together with friends have managed to send one box and some financial help to a Charity base.

Some sad stories of those in real need, really does tug at the heart strings....."there but for the grace of God go I" 

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas.

Finding that one trusted member is a hard one in my eyes now.

John can I ask what charity do you send to in the Philippines .

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, stevewool said:

Finding that one trusted member is a hard one in my eyes now.

John can I ask what charity do you send to in the Philippines .

Yes Steve, I think most families experience unreliable members, hardship can cause some to take advantage.

The Charity we helped support is in Marikina a branch of the "God is Alive" Ministry

Here in UK, in our town there is a small Filipino "God is Alive church" and my friend is a trustee,

They have sent stuff out there and have also given financial support too during the recent floods.

There are lot's of Charitable Organisations though doing good work out there, eg; Save the Children Fund,  Christian Aid, etc etc

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Yes Steve, I think most families experience unreliable members, hardship can cause some to take advantage.

The Charity we helped support is in Marikina a branch of the "God is Alive" Ministry

Here in UK, in our town there is a small Filipino "God is Alive church" and my friend is a trustee,

They have sent stuff out there and have also given financial support too during the recent floods.

There are lot's of Charitable Organisations though doing good work out there, eg; Save the Children Fund,  Christian Aid, etc etc

And if I may add a lot of  generous Expats ( whatever they believe ) "Festive Greetings"

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

128979632_377945916823077_68682222366262

5 December 2020, two of my wife's dogs, Bullet and Coffee.  The third one comes only when I have treats.

129136309_377945946823074_83480830827534

Santa and local kids.  

Taking pictures with the local kids and some adults also.  Will do it for a couple of more Saturdays (12 and 19 December from 0900 to 1100).  

Giving to charities is a good ideal, we give to The Tebow CURE Hospital, in partnership with CURE International, provides physical and spiritual healing to deserving children of the Philippines.  This 30-bed hospital is located in Davao City on the island of Mindanao, Philippines and to St. Jude Children Hospital in Memphis Tennessee.    

• Like 4