Amazing how times change.....

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I just can not stand politicians sometimes :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Then

MANILA (Reuters) - Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte told the United States on Saturday to prepare for repeal of an agreement on deployment of troops and equipment for exercises, declaring "bye-bye America", and we don't need your money.

Philippines' Duterte: 'bye-bye America' and we don't need your money (yahoo.com)

Now

"The world is in the race to find a safe and effective vaccine. When the world finds that vaccine, access to it must not be denied nor withheld. It should be made available to all, rich and poor nations alike, as a matter of policy," he said during the UN's 75th anniversary.

All countries must get access to COVID-19 vaccine, Duterte tells UN | ABS-CBN News (abs-cbn.com)

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

His ccp puppet masters had that covered for him I thought, or was it Putin? It sounds to me he's being coached by China to put a negative spin on the US and Europe.  

Edited by Old55
  • Like 4

Terry P
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, scott h said:

I just can not stand politicians sometimes :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Then

MANILA (Reuters) - Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte told the United States on Saturday to prepare for repeal of an agreement on deployment of troops and equipment for exercises, declaring "bye-bye America", and we don't need your money.

Philippines' Duterte: 'bye-bye America' and we don't need your money (yahoo.com)

Now

"The world is in the race to find a safe and effective vaccine. When the world finds that vaccine, access to it must not be denied nor withheld. It should be made available to all, rich and poor nations alike, as a matter of policy," he said during the UN's 75th anniversary.

All countries must get access to COVID-19 vaccine, Duterte tells UN | ABS-CBN News (abs-cbn.com)

What's the connection between these two reports?

graham59
Posted
Posted

Du30 is a U.S. hater, but is always ready to hold the begging bowl out to them ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Du30 is a U.S. hater, but is always ready to hold the begging bowl out to them ? 

The US keep filling it

Must be a reason for that

US don't give dollars away for nothing

graham59
Posted
Posted

They don't give much now.

Phils governments have always been good at shooting themselves in the foot though.

American base closures (and I was living here then), a particular act of stupidity...IMHO

Terry P
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Phils governments have always been good at shooting themselves in the foot though.

American base closures (and I was living here then), a particular act of stupidity...IMHO

That's true. US and the UK seem to be donating hi-tech weaponry rather than troops on the ground

Duterte is courting Russia and China

It seems to me to be playing one against the other for his advantage IMHO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, graham59 said:

That was a two way street surely Graham

Philippines got your dollars and you got strategic bases in the area

Terry P
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, TerryP said:

That was a two way street surely Graham

Philippines got your dollars and you got strategic bases in the area

Should have gone to your profile first Graham

Sorry mate didn't realise you're a Brit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, TerryP said:

Should have gone to your profile first Graham

Sorry mate didn't realise you're a Brit

No probs mate.

How many U.S. bases does our proud independent nation host ?...and very thankful for them we are too, I'm pretty sure.

Back in 1990/91, the Phils government (some of them anyway) just got too greedy.

There certainly would have been a lot more, and rapid assistance from the U.S. following the many natural disasters that have occurred down the years since....and there certainly would NOT be a Chinese presence in the Spratleys to fret over either.  

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic