Judges in Cebu City not accepting American "Affidavit in Lieu of Certificate of Legal Capacity"

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, graham59 said:

My first marriage was officiated by a judge... in his golfing picture

:hystery: Talking of Golfing Judges reminds me of Our wedding by a Judge, Our Judge was by the usual Lottery at  the Halls of Justice, He would not marry us on the day we wanted because he was having a Golfing Lesson at the time we wanted the Ceremony, But when we complained to him and he saw the Marriage Sponsor list he saw that one of Primary Sponsors (and his wife) was His Law School Mentor  and another Sponsor was a Circuit Judge in the same Halls of Justice + My Stand in Parents ( as mine were both deceased) were a Retired Senior Supreme Court Judge ( Retired) he soon changed his Mind. I am sure, it was because it would have shamed him if this got out. :whatever:

• Like 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, graham59 said:

My first marriage was officiated by a judge... in his golfing picture-lined plush office in Pasay City Hall, Manila.

I want to hear the story of how you had a first and second marriage in the Philippines...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Shady said:

I want to hear the story of how you had a first and second marriage in the Philippines...

I'm waiting on the 4th one. :hystery:

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Shady said:

Simple.

I waited for the first Mrs to divorce ME in the UK (as I wasn't bothered, and certainly wasn't going to pay)...and such 'foreign' divorces are perfectly legal in the Phils for us FOREIGNERS, of course. Only their own CITIZENS are subject to the 'no-divorce' rule here...and a problem for them, not 'us'.

Then, after having visited the original divorce court in the UK for a copy of my 'Decree Absolute' (9 years later), this was taken to my appointment at the British Embassy in Manila, in order to procure my 'Affirmation of Marital Status '....which was later presented (along with a letter from the Embassy) in order to procure my/our marriage licence, up here in the province. No problem at all.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/marriage-in-the-philippines

• Like 3