More naughty people being reunited with their loved ones back in China...

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Quite a tally for the Immigration boys it seems.

I'm sure the boss man's friends in their mother country will be glad to have them back.  :thumbsup:

06 December 2020

PRESS RELEASE

BI, NBI arrest 332 illegal aliens
Bamban, TARLAC — Joint operatives of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) arrested on Wednesday afternoon 332 aliens working without appropriate visas.
According to BI Commissioner Jaime Morente, they received information from the NBI-International Operations Division about a worksite in Pag-asa Street, Barangay Dela Cruz, Bamban, Tarlac allegedly employing at least 200 undocumented aliens.
“Upon investigation and verification with our agents, we immediately issued a mission order to effect their arrest,” said Morente.
During the operations, BI and NBI agents caught 323 Chinese nationals, 8 Malaysian nationals, and 1 Indonesian found working by manning computers, using cellular phones, and other electronic devices, without proper working visas.
“They were reportedly involved in online gambling, internet fraud, and cybercrime operations,” said Morente. "They were conducting clandestine operations. Their worksite was in a compound that was under construction, and they didn't leave the premises as they already have their barracks there," he added.
They face deportation for violation of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940
All 332 are currently under the physical custody of the NBI pending the filing of appropriate immigration charges and actual deportation.

Edited by graham59
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, graham59 said:
06 December 2020

PRESS RELEASE

Not new news really. I will qualify that  statement  Graham, this was reported before in  june or July I think, I can't find the Story reported then then so I can't put it up but it has happened before, so I find sometimes that the BI just like to try and get us to think they are doing things or remind us that they are trying but whatever the figures are alarming and tell us that these things happen and no wonder the world is going wrong somehow all over the place  

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Someone forgot to deposit a Christmas "gift"?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It is always bad news for us Western Expats when this type thing is reported but what they saying here is against what the President has said in the Past, who is being Hoodwinked I wonder the President Said;

BIÑAN CITY — President Rodrigo Duterte would rather allow illegal Chinese workers here to stay, as deporting them might trigger tit for tat that could affect 300,000 Filipinos in China.

“The Chinese here, just let them work here. Just let them. Why? We have 300,000 Filipinos in China,” the President said during a campaign rally of the ruling Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban) in Biñan City, Laguna province, on Sunday.

Full text

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1089496/duterte-allow-illegal-chinese-to-work-here

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

They were reportedly involved in online gambling, internet fraud, and cybercrime operations,” said Morente. "They were conducting clandestine operations.

More than just working without a visa. Illegal activity. 

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

BIÑAN CITY — President Rodrigo Duterte would rather allow illegal Chinese workers here to stay, as deporting them might trigger tit for tat that could affect 300,000 Filipinos in China.

Nothing like being brutally honest about one lack of abilities to resolve a geopolitical situation  through diplomacy and action. China respects action vs inaction.

• Hmm thinking 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted

Seems to me that down the years successive governments in the Philippines have managed to turn things to their advantage by basically bullying the big boys on their own turf

Just about every other state in the world would have been abandoned never to return. Not there

They're using their geographical position and vast untapped natural resources as pretty big bargaining chips

The Chinese issue there are also a sizeable slice of Filipino working in China especially in Hong Kong illegally. Most of them as maids etc.

Duterte in my opinion is being smart by rounding up the Chinese who are employed in illegal activities publicising it then booting them out

It may be chaotic in other parts of government but I think he's got this one nailed

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, GeoffH said:

The increasing number of tarriffs on Australian exports to China and the delays at port would suggest they want Australia (and by extension other small and mid size countries) to cease speaking out and/or taking action.

So true and its not over yet...iron ore comes to mind....Brazil has heaps...

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, RBM said:

So true and its not over yet...iron ore comes to mind....Brazil has heaps...

Yeah they do, but Australia produces double what Brazil does and 80% of that goes to China so Brazil can't make up the shortfall on its own, but given the current tensions between Australia and China you can bet if they could, China would hit that with tariffs if they could afford to.  China uses infrastructure and construction as a key factor in its economic growth so the chances China does hit Australian iron ore are slim but not beyond the realms of possibility.  Same applies to coal and LNG (liquid natural gas).  

Here's a list of countries by iron ore production:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_iron_ore_production

Here's an article on the slim possibility that China would hit Australian iron ore (quite in-depth):

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-31/why-iron-ore-has-been-out-of-bounds-in-the-china-trade-war/12611498

I don't see this as off-topic but rather in line with the underlying theme of this thread of China's attempts to bend economies smaller than their own to their will.  

Edited by BrettGC
Clarification
  • Like 2