More naughty people being reunited with their loved ones back in China...

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Yeah they do, but Australia produces double what Brazil does and 80% of that goes to China so Brazil can't make up the shortfall on its own

That's true as far as it goes but I did read an article saying that China were trying to boost production in Africa (timeline... 5 years plus) where there are large iron ore reserves, local conditions might make that difficult but it's certainly possible.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

Australia produces double what Brazil does and 80% of that goes to China

Looking at a chart of how much iron ore China produces by itself, they must be making a sh*t load of steel.  Maybe Aus should keep its iron for a while.  The earth isn't making any more of it and the price is bound to go up.

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Looking at a chart of how much iron ore China produces by itself, they must be making a sh*t load of steel.  Maybe Aus should keep its iron for a while.  The earth isn't making any more of it and the price is bound to go up.

Some iron is recycled but a lot isn't, world reserves are estimated at 170 billion tonnes with Australia having an estimated 52 billion tonnes.

That's enough for a while but you're right, it's not endless.

RBM
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Some iron is recycled but a lot isn't, world reserves are estimated at 170 billion tonnes with Australia having an estimated 52 billion tonnes.

That's enough for a while but you're right, it's not endless.

Getting way off topic but interested in the possibility of China bringing  tarrifs if Mr Morrison does not tape mouth......Its gona cost a shit load more from Brazil but gotta keep building power stations

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Its gona cost a shit load more from Brazil but gotta keep building power stations

My understanding of the situation is that Brazil can't deliver much more iron ore to China than they already are (at least in the short term) irrespective of the price.

Terry P
Posted
Posted
On 12/6/2020 at 8:59 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

More than just working without a visa. Illegal activity. 

Be interesting to hear what happens to these criminals when they are returned to their mother country

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, GeoffH said:

My understanding of the situation is that Brazil can't deliver much more iron ore to China than they already are (at least in the short term) irrespective of the price.

Maybe China found some iron ore on the moon. :facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, TerryP said:

Be interesting to hear what happens to these criminals when they are returned to their mother country

Probably the same as what happens to the many Filipinos you suggest are working illegally in Hong Kong when they return here!

• Haha 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Probably the same as what happens to the many Filipinos you suggest are working illegally in Hong Kong when they return here!

I was thinking of criminality rather than visa violations HK

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, TerryP said:

I was thinking of criminality rather than visa violations HK

I know Terry, I was being facetious!