Advice about internet speeds in Angeles, Pampanga

EdrigoSalvadore
Posted
Posted

Hello there

I have decided to relocate to the Philippines, within a year or two, and I would like to ask you guys how good internet that I can expect. I like to stream youtube and twitch on high qualities. Will this be possible? Will it be possible to play games online with someone outside of the Philippines? Is fiber internet common? How about landline ADSL?

Thanks

Edrigo Salvadore

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

In a reasonably sized Philippine city you can get a good DSL line for about 2000 pesos a month (from PLDT).  Other options are available but for that price you can expect 5 Mbps.  That is enough to do as you suggest, until you find yourself sharing your bandwidth with others.

Fiber has recently become common in larger areas so much faster speeds are available.  If those faster speeds are important to you then check for availability before deciding where to set up residence.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

Hello there

I have decided to relocate to the Philippines, within a year or two, and I would like to ask you guys how good internet that I can expect. I like to stream youtube and twitch on high qualities. Will this be possible? Will it be possible to play games online with someone outside of the Philippines? Is fiber internet common? How about landline ADSL?

Thanks

Edrigo Salvadore

@DaveB just got internet in the Angeles area.  What is it and how is it?

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 12/6/2020 at 9:39 AM, EdrigoSalvadore said:

Hello there

Thanks

Edrigo Salvadore

Hi and welcome to the forum. 

I have an apartment in Angeles City (Balibago) and have been there about a year. I have my Internet and cable service thru Converge ICT Solutions. I don’t recall the name of the package I got, but think it’s the “Gold” one.  Over 200 channels on cable plus HBO and Showtime.  Internet speed is 25+ mbs, fiber optic. More then enough for seamless live streaming of Netflix and Prime. Cost for all = 1,949.00 pesos per month; 2 year contract.  2,500 pesos set up fee and included router and cable box. 

Youngster
Posted
Posted

I pay 3,199 pesos per month for 75mbps internet and cable with all premium channels from Converge.  I am getting 75/75 up/down speeds and around 50/50mbps up/down through a router loaded with ExpressVPN firmware.  I'm in the US at the moment but am told internet service at my home has been going on and off since the typhoon hit, and they are still waiting for repairman to show up.

• Like 1