Cremation

Jack D
Posted
Posted

Covid or no Covid, I plan on being cremated. I don't want to spend my 'so-called' after-life rotting away in the ground, where no one will ever visit me, since all of my close family and friends are now deceased.

I'd like my wife to take my ashes to a nice beach in Hawaii and send my remains into the sea. She can use the money saved by cremating me for plane fare, hotels, and nice restaurants.

• Like 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted

It was my father-in-laws 10 year anniversary of being buried, and my mother-in- law was buried in the same cemetery a few years back.

My in-laws had my father inlaws body exhumed and moved next to mother-in-law. They took a lot of photos of this.

I really think they should not do this, once buried leave alone. R.I.P.

I have instructed the wife to have me cremated and do what she wants with the ashes.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

My in-laws had my father inlaws body exhumed and moved next to mother-in-law.

This is a Big problem here, no forward thinking, We have bought and Paid for our Burial lot which is 3 deep to eventually take all 3 of us, I realise that not all locals could afford this type of Plot so what has happened here to your In-laws Jim will continue, as you say, may they now R.I.P

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Cremation is a good choice in Philippines because...... A while ago our Cebu family had distant family remove Lola from a nice burial vault in order to have their recently deceased family member interred. Thankfully this was found out mid "swap" (for lack of a better description). 

Now I've seen everything.... Grave robbers in the family!

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Cremation is a good choice in Philippines because...... A while ago our Cebu family had distant family remove Lola from a nice burial vault in order to have their recently deceased family member interred. Thankfully this was found out mid "swap" (for lack of a better description). 

Now I've seen everything.... Grave robbers in the family!

I saw a program about a similar thing which apparently is quite common.  Family members basically rent the tomb for 5yrs. At the end of the 5yrs if no more rent is paid the bones are removed and pretty much tossed to the side.  There was one in Manila that was taken over by new owners that stopped the renewals so all bones were going to be evicted when the time was up. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Not directly

Then why the need for a quick cremation? 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack D said:

She can use the money saved by cremating me for plane fare, hotels, and nice restaurants.

I always thought cremation was expensive? 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

We have bought and Paid for our Burial lot which is 3 deep to eventually take all 3 of us

The third might have other plans by the time that happens, buried with husband or could be in another country but I guess the thought is there. :thumbsup:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The third might have other plans by the time that happens, buried with husband or could be in another country but I guess the thought is there. :thumbsup:

:whatever: Such is life Tom :whistling: Pun intended :tiphat:

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic