Another ALLEGED foreign pedo picked up. Anyone know this Cebu resident ?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

yet there is nothing online

PS.  For those who may not be informed of this:  When doing a search you can see "settings".  Change settings to the location you are most interested in (in this case USA) and you will get more results from that location.  Again there is nothing about Donald Robert Tyler from any USA site or any non-Philippines site.  At least not that I can find.  That is very strange.  Usually you see clone reports from foreign journalists the minute anything newsworthy is reported, provided it is a real story.

• Thanks 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And yet there is nothing online, that I can find, from the American authorities or that specific court.  Thus we cannot even be sure that his passport was cancelled and my past experience with Philippine reporting leads me to doubt it in the extreme.  But that's just me.

In the one case I recall where we had a member who was guilty of a crime in Las Vegas (murdering his Filipina wife and returning to the Philippines) it was all over both medias.  I think you will notice that US media is reluctant to pick up and repost Philippine stories without proof if they may result in libel suits.

You have more experience than me Dave

I concede to that and the fact there's no response from the US press I've just checked

The original post was not from the press but from the BI direct

It will out before too long. I sincerely hope you are correct in your assumption and the guy gets his life back. 

If you are wrong 

We'll you really don't need to know my opinion

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, TerryP said:

If you are wrong 

If I am wrong, then all that happens is the people who have already turned their backs on this fellow can feel justified.  No harm done.

If i am right, and if even one more person understands that the BI in the Philippines is corrupt and self serving, then I feel justifed.

But whether I am right or wrong in this instance, I have seen too many other instances of the BI corruption to start blindly believing what they say.  Follow the money.  Does this guy have any and is there any way that someone in the BI can get some of it?

Terry P
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If I am wrong, then all that happens is the people who have already turned their backs on this fellow can feel justified.  No harm done.

If i am right, and if even one more person understands that the BI in the Philippines is corrupt and self serving, then I feel justifed.

But whether I am right or wrong in this instance, I have seen too many other instances of the BI corruption to start blindly believing what they say.  Follow the money.  Does this guy have any and is there any way that someone in the BI can get some of it?

I understand now after my period of induction the wayward attitude of all departments in this screwed up nation. Their internal affairs procedure is abysmal

That's some international stunt to pull a few dimes you must admit

Accusing the American authorities of cancelling the passport of one of its own citizens accusing him of paedophilia and asking for his return. Publicising it on the internet is the icing on the cake

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, TerryP said:

I concede to that and the fact there's no response from the US press I've just checked

1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Again there is nothing about Donald Robert Tyler from any USA site

I am not surprised at all that there is no mention in the USA press. First of all there are so many Yanks in foreign jails that the paper would be full of nothing but stories about them. (I know this because my brother is in the State Department and one of his duties was to visit jailed Yanks. He has been stationed in Nigeria, Argentina, Panama, Honduras, Uruguay and now Nicuragua. 2nd the overall American sentiment is that if you do the crime, do the time so there is usually not a lot of interest in the story so the paper wont print them. 

Now having said all this, as soon as this guy is deported, jailed and convicted in a USA court it just might get a small mention in the local paper where the offense was committed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, scott h said:

I am not surprised at all that there is no mention in the USA press. First of all there are so many Yanks in foreign jails that the paper would be full of nothing but stories about them. (I know this because my brother is in the State Department and one of his duties was to visit jailed Yanks. He has been stationed in Nigeria, Argentina, Panama, Honduras, Uruguay and now Nicuragua. 2nd the overall American sentiment is that if you do the crime, do the time so there is usually not a lot of interest in the story so the paper wont print them. 

Now having said all this, as soon as this guy is deported, jailed and convicted in a USA court it just might get a small mention in the local paper where the offense was committed.

Thank you

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, TerryP said:

Or rather it would be if I could figure out how to get attachments on here.

Added Dan 0830 12-14;

Hi Terry, I sometimes struggle posting copied online pictures. In this case I copied to my PICTURES the used the posting tool; Drag Files Here To Attach, Or Choose Files. Doing that almost always works for me. I'm sure one of the mods can proved better instructions. 

That's about it. Of course save to your computer and attache flies. That's how it works. 

• Thanks 1

KC813
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Spot on.  There are hundreds of American extradited back to the U.S. annually, and even more deported home "with safeguards" as this guy will be.  Formal extraditions can become complicated, so the US and many other countries will sometimes use a shortcut and just cancel the person's passport, allowing the sending country to just deport the person home. 

These events rarely make the newspaper unless it is a high-profile case or some reporter hits on the "scandal" aspect.

3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My suspicious nature has me thinking how easy it would be for a vicious ex wife to drop a dime to the right people and say "child abuse".  The liberals are all over that!

That is something I have never considered before - is there a known correlation between an ex-wife's political leaning and their potential vindictiveness?  You may be on to something...:biggrin:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

The Cebu authorities seam to be more on top of the sex tourists than the likes of Manila.  I've read a few cases of foreigners being arrested for just being in the company of minors under the age of 18.  Just last year an American who frequented the Time Out bar in Cebu where a friend of mine worked was arrested and charged for being in a hotel room with  minor.   

I picked up the story from a National paper, no photos were shown but a 2 minute Google came up with a few dozen Americans with the same name.  One picture stuck out a mile. The guy just looked creepy, jet black dyed hair but the face of a 60yr old.

I was chatting to my friend and asked if she knew him but she wasn't sure.  I sent a copy of the photo and she recognised him right away, sure enough it was him. She sad she had warned him a few times not to talk to young girls, I think he had tried his luck with her as she is small and young loking but she wouldn't entertain him.  I've never been to the bar so don't know it's reputation but she said there's always foreigners trying their luck with any girl that goes in there..  

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, TerryP said:

Thanks old

Not sure how long he been living there, we used to visit this area at least twice a week. Beautiful waterfall there, this was about 5 years ago, never heard any mention about a foreigner there.