Face Shields Now Required In All Public Places

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

:Caught:

MANILA, Philippines — The Inter-Agency Task Force on the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) has required the public to wear both face shields and face masks at all times outside of their residences to stem the further spread of COVID-19.

Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, who is also the official mouthpiece of the IATF, announced this in a televised Palace press briefing Tuesday.

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1371933/wearing-of-face-shield-now-required-in-public-places#ixzz6gfXPxLEI
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Possibly partly a response to many people wearing their masks under their chins?

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

:Caught:

MANILA, Philippines — The Inter-Agency Task Force on the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) has required the public to wear both face shields and face masks at all times outside of their residences to stem the further spread of COVID-19.

Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, who is also the official mouthpiece of the IATF, announced this in a televised Palace press briefing Tuesday.

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1371933/wearing-of-face-shield-now-required-in-public-places#ixzz6gfXPxLEI
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

I can only hope that they actually enforce this (face shields) where possible - it's not practical to do so in public areas but in shopping malls they can do so yet they haven't been in my experience.  We have been required to wear them for months and at least 65% of people pull them onto their heads once past the entrance.  Surprisingly, the staff are quick to wave signs etc when someone has the audacity to walk against the flow even in situations where it's hard not to.  

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

people pull them onto their heads once past the entrance.

Including the security guards who are supposed to enforce it. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I go daily to our pelenke for my morning paper. They still have an entry control point manned by barangay personnel. It will be interesting to see if they a. are wearing them and b. if they enforce it. 

The longer this goes on the more I hate to admit that the Asawa is right. She maintains that there is just something in the Filipino personality that once the get power they feel the need to use it and are very reluctantctanat to give it  up

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, scott h said:

Including the security guards who are supposed to enforce it. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I go daily to our pelenke for my morning paper. They still have an entry control point manned by barangay personnel. It will be interesting to see if they a. are wearing them and b. if they enforce it. 

The longer this goes on the more I hate to admit that the Asawa is right. She maintains that there is just something in the Filipino personality that once the get power they feel the need to use it and are very reluctantctanat to give it  up

Indeed!

We were in SM a couple of weeks ago and one of the female security guards asked me to pull down the visor from my head (yes, I was guilty of exactly what I'm criticising, I know) - there were literally dozens of people around us wearing the visors as I was.  No point in making that point - arguing from a position of strength here is hard enough, when you're in the wrong...but, it backs up what you are saying about wielding power.  It drives so much of what is wrong here IMO.

• Like 2

Shady
Posted
Posted

I haven't been asked for a Q Pass in awhile, have they stopped that?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shady said:

I haven't been asked for a Q Pass in awhile, have they stopped that?

As with almost everything else here Shady, it depends on your LGU :571c66d400c8c_1(103): But the way I read the IATF regulations, If you are between the ages of 18 and 65 you do not need a pass anymore. Unless you live in an are that is still under some type of localized lockdown and you are either trying to leave or enter it.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, hk blues said:

I can only hope that they actually enforce this (face shields) where possible -

I read where the The Inter-Agency Task Force are going make it compulsory for the pair to worn at all times during a meal in a restaurant, also when swimming in a pool or beach.....This is the result of a task force being made up with retired generals....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Possibly partly a response to many people wearing their masks under their chins?

And having had my morning walk in Makati Ive seen many with masks.. on the back of their heads.... similar to the way many Filipino guys wear their sunglasses on the back of their heads.... to er.. protect their hair from the suns rays ???

• Haha 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

And having had my morning walk in Makati Ive seen many with masks.. on the back of their heads.... similar to the way many Filipino guys wear their sunglasses on the back of their heads.... to er.. protect their hair from the suns rays ???

Like This -

I Thought This Man Was Staring at Me Like a Psychopath Until I Realized He  Put His Glasses Behind His Head Lol | Head Meme on ME.ME

• Haha 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic