Face Shields Now Required In All Public Places

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, scott h said:

Including the security guards who are supposed to enforce it. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I go daily to our pelenke for my morning paper. They still have an entry control point manned by barangay personnel. It will be interesting to see if they a. are wearing them and b. if they enforce it. 

The longer this goes on the more I hate to admit that the Asawa is right. She maintains that there is just something in the Filipino personality that once the get power they feel the need to use it and are very reluctantctanat to give it  up

They also have to sell their stocks of shields.

• Haha 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

They also have to sell their stocks of shields.

I wonder who in the Philippine government is making a profit from face shields. I see the sense in wearing a face mask indoors or in close quarters outdoors, but requiring a face shield as well is stupid.

• Thanks 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I ain't scared. In response to an alarming uptick in Covid-19 cases, Davao City has launched a TikTok Covid-19 dance contest.

We'll all be better soon!

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Guy F. said:

I wonder who in the Philippine government is making a profit from face shields. I see the sense in wearing a face mask indoors or in close quarters outdoors, but requiring a face shield as well is stupid.

Debatable how effective they are but I wouldn't say stupid - they do offer more protection than a face mask alone as they cover the eyes as well as the nose and mouth.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Debatable how effective they are but I wouldn't say stupid - they do offer more protection than a face mask alone as they cover the eyes as well as the nose and mouth.  

Masks, shields and condoms... I feel so protected now!!!

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

B1501A6D-F15A-40C1-855A-2C8A5D4861C2.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Okay, okay... I forgot the nose and ear plugs... I will not mention other plugs that some members might....:89:

And our favourite line from the latest Lone Ranger movie, "There is something very wrong with that horse!"

We apply that to everything and everyone... love it!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

If a condom is protecting your face Tom, you're wearing it wrong!

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

On Friday, the SBMA chairwoman put this out:

https://www.facebook.com/SBMAChAd/photos/a.1015129755292790/1939639062841850

131941445_1939639066175183_832511385740408065_n.jpg

I was out and about over the weekend in Olongapo and the Freeport.  Generally speaking, in both places, people were wearing shields around retail establishments.  In SBMA, the bus commuters already had to wear them and everyone in the busy freeport area was wearing them

I did not notice any drivers wearing them

I did not see any cyclists wearing them

I did see several police not wearing them

My 6 year old can go to the mall now so I dropped my wife and two older daughters off for some Christmas shopping.  Then my 4 year old and I drove around looking for something to do.  I wanted to take her for a walk, but it was super windy.  Many times the shield would almost blow off.  I can't see how it would be possible to wear that type of shield while cycling or motorcycling.

In Olongapo, in the neighborhoods, hardly anyone wears a shield and many don't have masks.  Kids all over there don't wear either.

graham59
Posted
Posted

They should produce a 'De-luxe' model, incorporating an elastic strap at the back,  to keep the thing on. 

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic