Face Shields Now Required In All Public Places

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, graham59 said:

They should produce a 'De-luxe' model, incorporating an elastic strap at the back,  to keep the thing on. 

Not too sure if you were joking Graham but there are types already available with straps, but I tend to think uncomfortable :smile: But..................

covid face shield.jpg

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

On Friday, the SBMA chairwoman put this out:

https://www.facebook.com/SBMAChAd/photos/a.1015129755292790/1939639062841850

131941445_1939639066175183_832511385740408065_n.jpg

I was out and about over the weekend in Olongapo and the Freeport.  Generally speaking, in both places, people were wearing shields around retail establishments.  In SBMA, the bus commuters already had to wear them and everyone in the busy freeport area was wearing them

I did not notice any drivers wearing them

I did not see any cyclists wearing them

I did see several police not wearing them

My 6 year old can go to the mall now so I dropped my wife and two older daughters off for some Christmas shopping.  Then my 4 year old and I drove around looking for something to do.  I wanted to take her for a walk, but it was super windy.  Many times the shield would almost blow off.  I can't see how it would be possible to wear that type of shield while cycling or motorcycling.

In Olongapo, in the neighborhoods, hardly anyone wears a shield and many don't have masks.  Kids all over there don't wear either.

Where we are, I'd say the vast majority of people are wearing both masks/shields but a significant %age are wearing the shields on their heads.  

We were in SM yesterday and they were very, very vigilant on this and were constantly pulling people up over not wearing the shields properly.  In fact, I'd say about 60% of people were wearing glasses in lieu of shields. We were too but my wife was wearing sunglasses and the guard actually told my wife sunglasses were not acceptable whilst eye glasses were!  I don't really see the difference unless they feel people are more likely to wear sunglasses on their heads as it's dark inside with them on and they are not (usually) needed for seeing.  Still, seems overly picky and typical of how authority is used here.  

Outside, probably less than 1/4 are wearing the shields as they blow off too easily as well as being uncomfortable.  

graham59
Posted
Posted

Ah, okay. Thanks Jack. 

I do live a somewhat sheltered life here in my jungle shack...so was blissfully unaware of such luxury items.

Mine is the 10 peso peasant model.  :thumbsup:

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic