Face Shields mandated #2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Thought I would just start a new topic, Link and text below. 

2nd full day of Face shield mandate and nothing has changed at our local pelenke. Same low % of folks wearing them and again barangay personnel did not have them on and were not telling folks anything. Yesterday during my walk, local traffic guards did not have them, I even saw police officers not wearing them.

Now this is in todays paper............ Police officers will hand out face masks and face shields instead of immediately arresting violators of health and safety protocols, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said yesterday.

and

Usana said they are leaving it up to the local government units (LGUs) to impose the sanction on violators.

and

Asked where they would find extra resources for the initiative, Usana said they would use the personal protective equipment donated by non-governmental organizations.

This not a slam only at the Philippines. I just loath any non-funded, feel good, mamby pamby, unenforcable goverment mandated law...........and boy the states have lots of them.

I was taught years ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,never give an order you KNOW will not be followed :facepalm_80_anim_gif:

Cops to hand out masks, shields; no more arrests | Philstar.com

MANILA, Philippines — Police officers will hand out face masks and face shields instead of immediately arresting violators of health and safety protocols, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said yesterday.

PNP spokesman Brig. Gen. Ildebrandi Usana said the officers would bring extra masks and shields, which they would distribute to individuals caught not wearing the protective gear in public places.

People are required to wear face masks and face shields when in public places, based on the latest guidelines from the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF).

Usana said they are leaving it up to the local government units (LGUs) to impose the sanction on violators.

“What we understand is it is the local government unit that will be issuing appropriate sanctions with regard to the compliance to the guidelines of the IATF,” he said.

Asked where they would find extra resources for the initiative, Usana said they would use the personal protective equipment donated by non-governmental organizations.

Usana appealed to the public to be responsible and follow government protocols to avoid contracting COVID-19.

“We still advise people to use what is necessary to protect themselves,” he said.

IATF defended

The Department of Health (DOH) defended the decision of the IATF to require the wearing of face shields in public places.

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said the decision is “guided by science and evidence” and meant to protect a person from COVID-19.

“It is proven that when you wear face masks, face shields and observe physical distancing of less than one meter, the protection or risk reduction is 99 percent,” Duque said.

“The threats of COVID-19 are still here. It will not go on vacation this holiday so it is important for all of us to remain vigilant,” he noted.

Under IATF Resolution 88, all individuals are required to wear not only face masks but also full face shields when they are in public places.

Prior to this, the IATF only required face shields when taking public transportation or entering establishments. – Sheila Crisostomo

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am not entirely sure . .  how is this different from the other topic?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Whatever the case here... I fail to follow the logic (if there is any) regarding wearing masks and shields when driving in a person's personal car. L and I do follow that rule, but can't fathom the reasoning...

So now she and I are expected to wear mask and shield when driving her to her work, a mall or anywhere? For once I am totally flumoxed at whatever the reasoning for this might be?

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Whatever the case here... I fail to follow the logic (if there is any) regarding wearing masks and shields when driving in a person's personal car. L and I do follow that rule, but can't fathom the reasoning...

So now she and I are expected to wear mask and shield when driving her to her work, a mall or anywhere? For once I am totally flumoxed at whatever the reasoning for this might be?

If I'm looking for a flimsy justification then I suppose it could be to protect anyone who has to talk to either of you whilst you are in your car or to ensure you don't forget to put it on when you exit the car.  Flimsy as I said, but...

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

It does not say anything about wearing them inside your car.  It says Public Places.  The inside of your car is a private place.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

It does not say anything about wearing them inside your car.  It says Public Places.  The inside of your car is a private place.

The report I read says everyone stepping out of their homes - so would be required in a car.

Edit to add a link - https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/12/15/IATF-requires-face-shield.html?fbclid=IwAR3vNyr5vfPbtzOALXhM39kfjsGua0YCGWcVMgsLrZ0AFXSlhNmu3zC9l0c

Edited by hk blues

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I see... so not to belabour this point, however, does this also mean that we do not need to wear masks only when driving our private cars?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

The report I read says everyone stepping out of their homes - so would be required in a car.

That's why I was inquiring. It sounds like anyone who steps out of their home must wear mask and shield...

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

I see... so not to belabour this point, however, does this also mean that we do not need to wear masks only when driving our private cars?

Wearing a face shield while driving is dangerous.  Doubly so if you wear eyeglasses.  They fog up.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

That's why I was inquiring. It sounds like anyone who steps out of their home must wear mask and shield...

That's what the guidance says.  

• Sad 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic