Face Shields mandated #2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, OnMyWay said:

Wearing a face shield while driving is dangerous.  Doubly so if you wear eyeglasses.  They fog up.

One of my many points of contentions with this regulation. The shield also really makes me feel claustrophobic. Even wearing a mask in the car seems a bit odd to me and makes me uncomfortable...

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

One of my many points of contentions with this regulation. The shield also really makes me feel claustrophobic. Even wearing a mask in the car seems a bit odd to me and makes me uncomfortable...

Uncomfortable or not, Tom - if it keeps you safe then it's worth doing.  You've been one of the most vociferous amongst us about such things my friend so...:whistling:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Uncomfortable or not, Tom - if it keeps you safe then it's worth doing.  You've been one of the most vociferous amongst us about such things my friend so...:whistling:

I get your point HK. I just don't like wearing a mask when driving and will never use the shield when driving. Sadly, I am one of those who runs the face shield over my head after entering a mall... I rarely shop at a mall - maybe once in a month. And I don't go out for anything else, so I think I am relatively safe. L does most of our shopping and - as a school teacher for MAPEH - stays as clean as possible, including washing clothes and person after being "exposed" outside.

So you are probably correct - that I am taking some risks......

Well... there becomes a limit for when I will take some risks or not... and now you see that. Goodness... this can stir up a whole new topic!

I think I will just retire back to my home build topic... I don't want to build another controversy here...

Edited by Tommy T.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Uncomfortable or not, Tom - if it keeps you safe then it's worth doing.

Just to clarify, you think that when you are driving a car by yourself, wearing a face mask and face shield is going to keep you safe?  I would say quite the opposite.  Fogs up and then you miss seeing a trike or small child who darts in front of you.  I will not wear a face shield while driving.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I get your point HK. I just don't like wearing a mask when driving and will never use the shield when driving. Sadly, I am one of those who runs the face shield over my head after entering a mall... I rarely shop at a mall - maybe once in a month. And I don't go out for anything else, so I think I am relatively safe. L does most of our shopping and - as a school teacher for MAPEH - stays as clean as possible, including washing clothes and person after being "exposed" outside.

So you are probably correct - that I am taking some risks......

Well... there becomes a limit for when I will take some risks or not... and now you see that. Goodness... this can stir up a whole new topic!

I think I will just retire back to my home build topic... I don't want to build another controversy here...

Tom, don't get me wrong - I am as guilty as the next man (or woman) for not wearing the PPE as required.  But, as I said in another thread it's hard to argue when you're already in the wrong.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Tom, don't get me wrong - I am as guilty as the next man (or woman) for not wearing the PPE as required.  But, as I said in another thread it's hard to argue when you're already in the wrong.  

Yup.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Just to clarify, you think that when you are driving a car by yourself, wearing a face mask and face shield is going to keep you safe?  I would say quite the opposite.  Fogs up and then you miss seeing a trike or small child who darts in front of you.  I will not wear a face shield while driving.

No, I don't think it does anything to keep you safe - and perhaps just the opposite but that really isn't the point I was making. I was merely correcting your statement that shields are only required in public places.  There are some flimsy reasons why they may be required in cars just as for masks.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I googled a bit and I could not find anything about any other countries requiring mask AND shield.  A few airlines.  It is nice to know that Philippines is so far out front in the areas of medicine and science..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Even wearing a mask in the car seems a bit odd to me

You're not supposed to wear the mask over the eyes Tommy.

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Whatever the case here... I fail to follow the logic (if there is any) regarding wearing masks and shields when driving in a person's personal car. L and I do follow that rule, but can't fathom the reasoning...

So now she and I are expected to wear mask and shield when driving her to her work, a mall or anywhere? For once I am totally flumoxed at whatever the reasoning for this might be?

So that was you in that car? :hystery:

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic