58 minutes ago, Mike J said:

So that was you in that car? :hystery:

image.jpeg

Nope... ours is a silver Mazda... next slide please...:shades:

Freebie
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Whatever the case here... I fail to follow the logic (if there is any) regarding wearing masks and shields

Remember where you are living.... sometimes referrred to as The Land That Logic Forgot.

Once you remember that, no further questions are needed.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think some are over reacting the latest order. No matter what article found it says public places and when stepping out of the home but nothing says once you enter your car it still has to be worn.

The car could be considered as an extension to the home as people share the same home and car.

They forget when they make these orders up that when you are out eating/drinking at a restaurant no one can leave these things on their head and my mask stays off from the time l enter until l leave. I will just carry a shield now. 

Police basically say they wont enforce it.

Bit like Monday night I was at my watering hole and every second table was blocked off for the first time, I asked why and police inspection is the reply. Later two police arrived but stood at the entrance and wanted the manager. When the cop seen the manager he said, oh you are the manager here and some more conversation and they left.

About an hour later I seen the manager order food and two large drinks for takeout. Police arrived back but stopped just past the place and security took the food out and thats the end of that. Nothing paid for ofcourse.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think some are over reacting the latest order. No matter what article found it says public places and when stepping out of the home but nothing says once you enter your car it still has to be worn.

The car could be considered as an extension to the home as people share the same home and car.

They forget when they make these orders up that when you are out eating/drinking at a restaurant no one can leave these things on their head and my mask stays off from the time l enter until l leave. I will just carry a shield now. 

Police basically say they wont enforce it.

Bit like Monday night I was at my watering hole and every second table was blocked off for the first time, I asked why and police inspection is the reply. Later two police arrived but stood at the entrance and wanted the manager. When the cop seen the manager he said, oh you are the manager here and some more conversation and they left.

About an hour later I seen the manager order food and two large drinks for takeout. Police arrived back but stopped just past the place and security took the food out and thats the end of that. Nothing paid for ofcourse.

I don't agree with your interpretation of the guidance/regulations as whilst nothing says they must be worn in cars in the same vein nothing says they must be worn in malls either but we know they must.  

That said, I agree that nothing will be strictly implemented and I certainly wouldn't be worrying about wearing one in a car.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I don't agree with your interpretation of the guidance/regulations as whilst nothing says they must be worn in cars in the same vein nothing says they must be worn in malls either but we know they must.  

That's not correct. It's been stated weeks ago that malls and public transport require both. So because is not stated I guess we should consider wearing these items in the shower because nothing is in black and white? 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Maybe instead of making half hearted statements and then trying to clarify them days later they should do it at the same time. Looks like we might get an answer soon.

Gov't to issue advisory on proper use of face shields

MANILA – The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) has directed the issuance of advisory on the proper use of face shields in all public spaces nationwide, Malacañang said on Friday.

“Advisory on the proper use of face shields to be issued,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a press statement sent to Palace reporters.

Roque said the order was made during the IATF-EID’s 89th meeting held on Thursday.

He said the departments of Health, Trade, and Labor, as well as other concerned government agencies, have been directed to issue a consolidated public advisory on the proper wearing of face shields.

He said the consolidated public advisory may contain “exclusions or exemptions” from using face shields, “as may be appropriate.”

The IATF-EID has decided to make it mandatory for the public to wear face masks and full face shields when they leave their homes to prevent the possible surge of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in the country.

The latest directive came as the country braces for a potential rise in Covid-19 cases during the holiday season.

Previously, the government only mandated the use of face masks and face shields in malls and enclosed public spaces.

Roque on Tuesday said the public must use a full face shield, which covers the forehead up to the chin.

In its Resolution 88 issued on December 14, the IATF-EID requires people to wear face shields “whenever [they] go out of their residences.”

“All persons are mandated to wear full-coverage face shields together with face masks, earloop masks, indigenous, reusable, or do-it-yourself masks, or other facial protective equipment, which can effectively lessen the transmission of Covid-19, whenever they go out of their residences,” according to the IATF-EID resolution.

The government earlier relaxed the health and quarantine protocols to revive the Philippine economy. (PNA) 

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1125125

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

At least the headless chickens running this farce won't be needing the masks.... :rolleyes: 

Oh, and remember, as soon as you lower your vehicle window to speak to that friendly police hociffer, or other virology expert, etc, you are now in a public space... I think.  :89:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

That's not correct. It's been stated weeks ago that malls and public transport require both. So because is not stated I guess we should consider wearing these items in the shower because nothing is in black and white? 

Nope.

Your comment was that it doesn't specifically state face shields should be worn in cars so they don't have to be.  My point was it doesn't actually state anywhere specific they must be worn - it simply states should be worn once you step outside - that would include in your car. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 12/17/2020 at 4:46 PM, hk blues said:

Uncomfortable or not, Tom - if it keeps you safe then it's worth doing.  You've been one of the most vociferous amongst us about such things my friend so...:whistling:

So next will be inside ones house

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic