Vehicle registration

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Has anyone bought a new vehicle with 3 years registration included, I bought a motorcycle last year and I was getting ready to register it for 2021 and I noticed on my bill of sale it included 3 years registration, the dealership doesn't answer their phone and if I can avoid a trip to LTO it would be nice. The current OR/CR doesn't have any expiration date on it.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I bought a few new motorcycles in the Philippines that did NOT have 3 years registration and then I was told by a friend I should have bought a motorcycle that cost over 250,000 pesos if I wanted to get the 3 years.  If yours cost that much then you likely have it.

• Thanks 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I bought a few new motorcycles in the Philippines that did NOT have 3 years registration and then I was told by a friend I should have bought a motorcycle that cost over 250,000 pesos if I wanted to get the 3 years.  If yours cost that much then you likely have it.

I was wondering though if I need to do anything since the OR/CR doesn’t have an expiration date in it, is the dealer going to register it for me again and send a copythis year or am I good? I bought it in Quezon City and they aren’t answering the phone as usual, last year they sent it to me.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

The information here may help:  It's a link to the LTO rules. https://lto.gov.ph/images/Transparency/volume2.pdf

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Heeb said:

was wondering though if I need to do anything

I don't think you have to do anything for three years but lets ask @Jack Peterson  who bought a new car a few years back and got the 3 years of registration for free.  Jack?  What did you do when your 3 years was up?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I don't think you have to do anything for three years but lets ask @Jack Peterson  who bought a new car a few years back and got the 3 years of registration for free.  Jack?  What did you do when your 3 years was up?

@Dave Hounddriver and others that need to know, I Had to join all the others in the Yearly registration Fiasco, as my Number ends in a 2, February is my Month for Registration :wink: It is a Pain but:whatever:

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Heeb said:

Has anyone bought a new vehicle with 3 years registration included, I bought a motorcycle last year and I was getting ready to register it for 2021 and I noticed on my bill of sale it included 3 years registration, the dealership doesn't answer their phone and if I can avoid a trip to LTO it would be nice. The current OR/CR doesn't have any expiration date on it.

If you want to check for sure, stop by LTO on canal road in the freeport.  Tell the greeter what you want and he will probably take it direct to the counter and find out.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I Had to join all the others in the Yearly registration Fiasco

Hi Jack.  Do you mean you joined in the yearly Fiasco AFTER the 3 years was up or starting the first year you got the car? I remember you saying it came with 3 free years but I never asked you about it after that.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hi Jack.  Do you mean you joined in the yearly Fiasco AFTER the 3 years was up or starting the first year you got the car? I remember you saying it came with 3 free years but I never asked you about it after that.

Both of my cars had the 3 years.  Nothing to do until 4th year was due.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

If you want to check for sure, stop by LTO on canal road in the freeport.  Tell the greeter what you want and he will probably take it direct to the counter and find out.

I am pretty sure they have a policy that goes something like:  If you have to ask then you have to pay.  If you don't know then it will cost you.

Is that negative thinking?  Or just the way things are in the Philippines.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Haha 1