Local Girl Does Good!

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

The light skin colour and even western looking features would have helped also I suspect (it shouldn't but in a country where skin whitening cream is a best seller it does).

Not saying that she isn't 'friggen smart' (I'm sure she is) and clearly deserved her high placing :)

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, GeoffH said:

The light skin colour and even western looking features would have helped also I suspect (it shouldn't but in a country where skin whitening cream is a best seller it does).

Not saying that she isn't 'friggen smart' (I'm sure she is) and clearly deserved her high placing :)

Not sure what frame of mind I was in to use an adjective from my teens!  I edited it.

Yes, the lighter skin makes a difference but there is still competition in that area.  The Western features are probably a larger advantage here in PH.  We have a lot of mixed kids here in Olongapo.

I have noticed that many of the contestants in the international pageants are mixed blood, like the last two Thai Miss Universe contestants who were half-Canadian.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Gorgeous-looking girl. Congrats to her.  Glad she's 18... with what I was thinking. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2