UNITED STATES STIMULUS CHECKS

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I've no dog in this fight, but is there any real likelihood that the vast majority of voter fraud would be Democrat votes? I've read the theories that voter fraud is linked mainly to absent votes/ mail vote due to the idea that Republicans don't believe in the risks of Covid so are more likely to vote in person - it's a thin argument at best.

Ultimately, isn't the concept of enabling as many people to vote as possible sound and to be encouraged - even if it appears to favour one party? Remember, it's not skewing the vote in reality unless it's believed mass fraud is occuring. 

There are many other types of voter fraud that may have occurred, but I don't think they can be discussed here.  That includes "enabling people to vote" using methods that are illegal.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

isn't the concept of enabling as many people to vote as possible sound and to be encouraged

HK, that is a very good and has the spirit of democracy and probably the letter of it also.

But let me try to explain how I, and a lot of Yanks feel.

To a lot of us the vote is something sacred and should not be treated lightly. It is engrained in a lot of us to go into the voting booth, make our picks and after we turn in the ballot, the poll monitor say out load "Mr. Scott has voted"

The idea (to me) that a person can just pick up his mail, throw it on the coffee table, fill it out on top of a pizza box, while watching reruns of Baywatch on TV and mail it in the next day along with his electric bill, just rubs me the wrong way :hystery:

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, scott h said:

The idea (to me) that a person can just pick up his mail, throw it on the coffee table, fill it out on top of a pizza box, while watching reruns of Baywatch on TV and mail it in the next day along with his electric bill, just rubs me the wrong way :hystery:

The Baywatch girls can rub me whatever direction they want :whistling:

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, scott h said:

Or better yet, maybe someone will come by and collect my ballot.  Along with my neighbors.  If I live in a neighborhood that supports the "harvester's" point of view.

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)

Washington state has been all mail in voting since 2011, and they do check signatures, I have personal experience, myself and a coworker had their lazy wives ballots returned for suspected forgery.

Edited by Heeb
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

There are many other types of voter fraud that may have occurred, but I don't think they can be discussed here.  That includes "enabling people to vote" using methods that are illegal.

HK & Don, no problems discussing US voter fraud in Chatterbox. God, Guns and Politics are sensitive topics for many of us including me so Chatterbox is for that. :popcorn:

You do make a good point HK. :tiphat:

Edited by Old55

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Heeb said:

Washington state has been all mail in voting since 2011, and they do check signatures, I have personal experience, myself and a coworker had their lazy wives ballots returned for suspected forgery.

We are Washington State voters. I had a ballot returned because my signature was not acceptable, admittedly it was sloppy. So good on them to check. 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Old55 said:

We are Washington State voters. I had a ballot returned because my signature was not acceptable, admittedly it was sloppy. So good on them to check. 

For 2020 or previously?

Apparently, in 2020, many states did a really poor job of checking sigs or maybe in some cases, no checking.  They were overwhelmed with too many mail in ballots.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

For 2020 or previously?

Apparently, in 2020, many states did a really poor job of checking sigs or maybe in some cases, no checking.  They were overwhelmed with too many mail in ballots.

Four years ago if I remember correctly.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Old55 said:

HK & Don, no problems discussing US voter fraud in Chatterbox. God, Guns and Politics maybe sensitive topics for many of us including me so Chatterbox is for that. :popcorn:

You do make a good point HK. :tiphat:

The problem is, when you get into the details, it can get personal.  There are people in my own family who basically admitted they would go along with anything if it resulted it achieving their one big goal.  The same people who never said a word on social media against rioting, looting and burning of businesses.  As long as their goal is achieved, look the other way, keep your head buried in the sand.  Sacrifices for the greater good.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic